Street legal gold cart

2,655 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggielandma12
FishingAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've never driven but one in my life. It was electric and a long time ago. I need to purchase a street legal golf cart for my father. I have no idea about one of these things. Anyone got ideas or things to loon for?

Any that are bad models etc ? I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks

Edit. Sorry. I meant golf cart.
clintaggie04
AG
Location?
Mookie
AG
I own a GEM e4. It is street legal by design for any road under 40 mph posted. Have regular plates and everything. Max speed is 25 mph without a tune.
FishingAggie
clintaggie04 said:

Location?

San Antonio or Austin Even corpus

My dad is in kingsland. I can travel to get one just have no idea what is a good brand , etc

Complete Idiot
I love that there is a "tune" for a 25 mph golf cart
clintaggie04
AG
Check out the website for CKD Golf Carts in League City. It's pretty far from you but it will give you an idea of what to look for. He does really quality work but he isn't cheap. I would suggest sticking to EZ Go or Club Car but I'm sure someone will come along soon and tell you why I'm wrong.
aTm2004
AG
clintaggie04 said:

Location?

Golf cart for father to drive in the street? Florduh!
The Fife
MrJonMan
AG
Technically they're "street legal" as long as you have a slow moving vehicle triangle on the back. Head and tail lights and a horn.
You can only drive them on the side or neighborhood roads though....because they need to stay under 25mph (I believe)

I'm in the process of getting a gas EZGO now.....and possibly an electric club car.

My previous 2 were EZGO and great carts. Never owned a CC.

Not sure on your budget but you can spend $1,500-$7,000 very easily.
FishingAggie
I'm not on an unlimited budget but $10k is ok.
My brother and I are splitting it
Dad had a heart attack. He can't drive a car but we think he can handle a golf cart. Need something so he can get to his friends house in the neighborhood, drive down to the boat dock etc. basically, get him around safely. He wants to go on his own.

They are all over port a. They actually drive me nuts there. Maybe they are custom built. Idk.
RK
AG
Quote:

I'm in the process of getting a gas EZGO now.....
i'll probably buy that one from in you in year or so.

your old one is now a new battery pack away from being 48v...just waiting for the current pack to die (though i'll be happy if they last a good while longer).
TRIDENT
AG
Golf carts are big in my neighborhood. Almost every house has one down here. Our preference is Club Car electric carts because of the aluminum frame (we are by the saltwater). I bought mine from CKD Golf Carts and my parents recently bought one from him, too. Good guy to deal with and nice carts. Your budget is sufficient to get a nice cart for your dad. Good luck.

http://ckdgolfcarts.com/index.htm
MrJonMan
AG
Ha!

Had you not bought that one, I was planning the same
FishingAggie
Thank you. I'll call them tomorrow. I want aluminum.
I was going to replace all the steel myself but if they already do that it'll be awesome. Thank you very much.
TSW2012
AG
EZ-GO Busa Swap.
End Of Message
AG
We have a cart for sale. 6 months old. PM me for details. Its located in Columbus, but I live in San Antonio/New Braunfels
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG

NSFW but here is your gold cart
Aggielandma12
AG
I bought this red one from a guy in Austin off of Ebay. 48v 2013 Club car precedent, paid $4,500 bucks, with charger and water system.

He said he buys them at auction, puts a lift, new tires, batteries and makes them street legal. Been very happy with it.

His name is Rodney, 512 487 2576. Here's one of his current listings https://austin.craigslist.org/for/6094096052.html

FishingAggie
Aggielandma12 said:

I bought this red one from a guy in Austin off of Ebay. 48v 2013 Club car precedent, paid $4,500 bucks, with charger and water system.

He said he buys them at auction, puts a lift, new tires, batteries and makes them street legal. Been very happy with it.

His name is Rodney, 512 487 2576. Here's one of his current listings https://austin.craigslist.org/for/6094096052.html

Is that kid passed out in the back? What are you letting those kids drink???
lol.

I found a gas one in corpus. Not bad on price. It's not as as fancy as yours (it does have drink holders)

Thank you all for the help. I think my dad will be able to use this. Hope so anyway.
cmiller00
AG
I have a Star Diablo LSV and it is fun to drive around the neighborhood. It is legal on roads with a speed limit of 45 mph and below but I usually only drive neighborhood streets.

As I understand the current law it has to come from the factory as an LSV and be tagged and titled to be street legal. No longer able to retrofit a standard golf cart. I haven't really researched that since I bought mine a couple years ago.

Good luck..

Edited to add I think there are exceptions like in certain cities or some master-planned communities may have rules to make golf carts legal to drive in the community. As I said I haven't researched the issue lately.

Did find this link from a quick google search:

http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or-selling-a-vehicle/off-highway-vehicles
Aggielandma12
AG
gotta throw a few back when you are hanging by the pool.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.