Small cosmetic repair recs for galveston/texas city area.

1,667 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
Post removed:
by user
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why dont you just buy the parts and DIY?

There doesnt seem to be any paint damage.

Just get a new trim and clips.
Post removed:
by user
KRT-1
That exact thing happened to our CX-9 in 2007. We purchased it new from Classic Mazda in April of 2007. In May of 2008 I ran over the tread of a 18 wheeler tire while in Arkansas, and it knocked off the rear driver's side trim. I stopped and picked up the part and put it in the back. I took it to Classic Mazda when we got back in town a week later, and they didn't charge me a dime to put it back on. $250.00 is stealing for just a few plastic clips. Bad customer service.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Mazda dealer or online at an online Mazda parts vendor.

How bad is the wheel arch trim itself?

Maybe you just need clips?
Post removed:
by user
sts7049
AG
maybe just wait until you're back OP and fix it yourself? or is she picky about the appearance?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
third coast.. said:

I caught a break and will be home for a couple of days though, before shipping out. Anyone know a fast shipping company that would sell the parts, or would a dealership get them in quickly?
Why dont you just call the local mazda dealer parts dept?
Mookie
AG
Sounds like a job for silvy...

Car maintenance, wife home alone...

/doorbell rings

"Did someone order some trim?"

Cue the funk music.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
sts7049
Mookie
AG
Lighten up, Francis!

Seriously though, if you can order the part online, most good detail shops can snap it on for $20.
Mookie
AG
Also, if she is handy with a hot glue gun, have her clean both sides with windex, put a little dab of hot glue on the trim where the clips used to be and press the piece onto the car. We used to do it all the time at CarMax.

Plus when you get home and want to fix it proper, just spray a little denatured alcohol into the small gap between the trim and the car and it will fall right off. No damage.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Mookie said:

Also, if she is handy with a hot glue gun, have her clean both sides with windex, put a little dab of hot glue on the trim where the clips used to be and press the piece onto the car. We used to do it all the time at CarMax.

Plus when you get home and want to fix it proper, just spray a little denatured alcohol into the small gap between the trim and the car and it will fall right off. No damage.
What is this? Texas Direct auto?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.