HELP - Dealership wrecked car while in for maintenance

14,889 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Wonderer
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You should take that car to the next cars and coffee and end up as their next you tube hit.
Thriller
AG
The only issue I'd have with their plan is that you are always going to be adversarial if things are done to your satisfaction. I think the best way to go is to still file with your insurance company, have it repaired where you want, and let your insurance company pursue them through subrogation.

Yes, you'll be out you deductible initially, but based on your stated dealings with them in this thread, I wouldn't trust them very far. Unless things have changed since your last update, of course....
sts7049
AG
i think i'd do this. what happens if you aren't happy with their repair? will they honor any followup? what about warranty down the road?
txyaloo
AG
Did you contact BMW NA yet?

I would expect more than $1000 as a "goodwill gesture" from them above and beyond the diminished value claim.
The Wonderer
AG
I'd do the deal and get that the repair is warrantied by them and be done with this.
Buck O Five
AG
A repair for a cosmetic issue on a rapidly depreciating asset that won't show up on vehicle history plus $1k? Do the deal and put it behind you.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Filler would be a turn off for me, but not sure how much of a fight you're willing to stand.
TxAg20
AG
Any reputable used car buyer is probably going to go around the car with a paint gauge before making an offer. I'm not sure how much they would deduct if they find the filler on the quarter panel. Maybe one of the car dealers on here can comment.
mm98
AG
This would be the main issue for me, too.

The Wonderer
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Filler would be a turn off for me, but not sure how much of a fight you're willing to stand.
They are cutting and welding a section in. Do you think filler is not used when blending a piece into a body panel?

Good lord, y'all are being petty about routine practices..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.