Rule 1

2,231 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Canyon99
TxAg20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Am I the only one on here that makes $200K/year and drives a Land Cruiser?
/General Board Troll

I don't make $200K/year, but I do drive a Land Cruiser.
Thanks to Buck at Tegeler. I didn't buy from him, but he did shoot me straight and make me a good offer to order one. I really wanted silver and Fred Haas in Houston was the closest dealer with a silver one in stock. Fred Haas matched Buck's offer and I bought from them. Boerne and Austin dealers advertise silver ones in stock, but they're not actually for sale.

I traded my in 2013 M5. The warranty is expiring in August and it's $7,000 to extend the warranty. I started looking for another M5, but when I realized how much I had lost in depreciation, I couldn't stomach buying another one. I looked at getting a new CTS-V, but the depreciation looks similar to the M5.

I bought my wife a new LX570 in 2014 and it has been nothing but great. Not even a single rattle, much less any problems. The LX570 is just the Lexus version of the Land Cruiser, so I test drove a Land Cruiser at the local Toyota dealer, but didn't like the color (Black) or care for the salesman I dealt with. I did decide that I wanted one though. I called Buck and he started hunting for one, but said the only way he could make a deal is if he ordered one which would take a while.

I had the front windows tinted and installed Weathertech floor mats. I peruse IH8mud daily, but haven't decided what to do next. I'm thinking mild lift, tires, and bumpers, but I'm still not sure what's available for the 2016+ model as far as bumpers.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I'd keep it exactly like it is.
reproag
AG
Glad you found one. Hope you enjoy it & let me know if you need anything else.
BigRobSA
Slam it, 'Dip it, LS swap it.

JK! Looks good as is.
Complete Idiot
Nice Luxotank
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Nice ride! Buck doing work and that looks like a 200K garage to me.
An Ag in CO
AG
That garage should have at least one car in its where the engine is located behind the driver. There has to be a missing third vehicle....
jimscott85
AG
An Ag in CO said:

That garage should have at least one car in its where the engine is located behind the driver. There has to be a missing third vehicle....
Yes, what is your third vehicle, OP? 4 car garage, looks like 4th slot is dedicated to bikes and tools? Did you have to move the Porsche to take the pic?
AggieRob93
AG
A ceiling fan in the garage....lulz.
WildcatAg
AG
Very nice!
AirplaneAg09
AG
Quote:

I don't make $200K/year,
Agreed. Looking at your garage I'd say it's more like double that. Nice looking ride!!
KY AG
AG
Excellent decision.

I really wish Toyota would make a dark green Cruiser, like my '96 in Dark Emerald Pearl. Or a LX570 in that color.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Welp, I'm jealous.

Congrats!
AimToMaim 06
AG
Let me know if you ever need another Toyota. I'm in Wichita Falls but can run true pricing and help you out. I'm the new car manager at the store. Congrats on the purchase.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I wish you woulda told me, I know the owner at FH Toyota!

Nice purchase though!

I'll have to envy your 200 while I roll in my peasant FZJ80
KY AG
AG
That may be the first Toyota I've ever seen with the gas cap on the passenger side...interesting.
BigPuma
AG
KY AG said:

That may be the first Toyota I've ever seen with the gas cap on the passenger side...interesting.
wouldn't that have more to do with this particular model being a world platform and being both LHD and RHD?
KY AG
AG
BigPuma said:

KY AG said:

wouldn't that have more to do with this particular model being a world platform and being both LHD and RHD?

Not sure I understand the question. Were previous generations of Land Cruisers less world platform? And what would necessitate passenger vs driver?

Looks like they made the switch for the 200 series...but further review shows the 70 series is also passenger side.

Just interesting from American eyes because Toyota rarely deviates from a standard.
BigPuma
AG
I'm just speculating that the gas tank is on the same side for all 200 and i guess 70 series (worldwide) regardless of where the steering wheel is? I have no idea, it was just a thought.
jetch17
AG
Lookin good
AgToadie
Looking sharp! I think mild lift and tires would be a nice add, but not sure replacement bumpers would keep that clean look.

On another note, please put a for sale add up here before you trade that Carli Ram in the background.
drmwvr
AG
Great vehicle, I have three "LCs", a '99 with 225k with an OME lift, a '10 with around 85k and a '15 LX with 20k. I'm on mud with the same member name.
Canyon99
Thinking I might go in that direction when we decide to move on from our 4Runner. That will be a while as it is only at 90K miles now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.