window regulator replacement

734 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
StringerBell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
total novice with cars here. got a window regulator on a 2010 cx9 thats been out for years and im finally motivated to fix it. parts online look like they are about 50 bucks, but when i call the mazda dealership they say that the total cost to fix will be 375.

im fairly handy and can figure stuff out. also have a good set of tools. the car is pretty old so im not hugely worried about messing it up (as long as i dont make it worse). yall think this is a fix i could do on my own? or is it worth the piece of mind to get it done at a dealership.

thanks in advance!
sts7049
AG
stuff in the door panel is generally pretty straightforward, but it gets nerve wracking trying to separate the plastics without breaking or damaging things. if you're careful about it though it should be not too bad. see if you can find some youtube vids for the cx9 about how to go about it.
StringerBell
AG
Thanks for the feedback. I've found videos on replacing the motor but nothing on the actual regulator itself
coppag92
AG
Yes, you can do it. I just had my Chevrolet apart the other day doing same thing. Your window regulator seems to be made about the same style. Look for videos on how to remove the door panel so you get all the screws and don't mess anything up. Be sure to have someone hold the window as you remove the screws holding it to the track. Or just have a way to prop up the window as you detach so it does not fall. I found that RockAuto.com has these window regulators at a much, much cheaper price than any auto parts store and especially dealer. Good luck.
Bassmaster
AG
Youtube is your friend.
StringerBell
AG
good deal. thank you!
Superdave1993
AG
What they said, and have a friend with spider monkey sized hands or a few Band-Aids.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Just make sure you know how to properly remove the door panel and the rest is good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.