Building a Shelby Cobra 427

2,540 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TX AG 88
KingCobraBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am trying to plan a build of a Factory Five kit car (Shelby Cobra 427) and wanted to find out if anyone here has done something similar.

I live in Round Rock and would like to connect with someone whom I can pick their brain about the build process.
[url=http://www.factoryfive.com/kits/mk4-roadster/][/url]
Factory FIve Mk4 Roadster
Superdave1993
AG
Watching!
Mookie
AG
I live in round rock as well and while I will be no help with build experience, I would love to lend a set of hands once you get started. I can bring beer.
ShaggyAggie01
03_Aggie
My dad did one. It isn't a Factory Five and doesn't have a 427 though....
KingCobraBQ
AG
Thanks for the offer. I will need assistance when dropping the engine and trans into the body. Right now, I am in the information gathering/planning phase. Ideally, I would like to get everything planned and ordered so the build goes smoothly. I am trying to avoid crazy delays because of shipping unknown components.

I will make sure to post pictures when the build process starts, but I am still about a year from getting it started. My goal is that if I do enough homework, the build should take less than 2 weeks. That does not include delay for the body to be painted.
KingCobraBQ
AG
If he lives in the Round Rock area, can you ask if we could meet? I would like to get some ideas on the build process.
03_Aggie
KingCobraBQ said:

Thanks for the offer. I will need assistance when dropping the engine and trans into the body. Right now, I am in the information gathering/planning phase. Ideally, I would like to get everything planned and ordered so the build goes smoothly. I am trying to avoid crazy delays because of shipping unknown components.

I will make sure to post pictures when the build process starts, but I am still about a year from getting it started. My goal is that if I do enough homework, the build should take less than 2 weeks . That does not include delay for the body to be painted.

Good luck!
03_Aggie
We are in Houston.

I can probably also answer some general questions but I didn't get to participate in the process as much as I'd hoped. I did keep up with it though.
Leeman
I'm in Round Rock as well. If you need help, let me know.

Tim Weaver
Please put this in it with a 6 speed!

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/4-8l-crank-ls3-block-how-to-build-an-8000-rpm-ls-stroker/
drumboy
AG
03_Aggie said:

KingCobraBQ said:

I will make sure to post pictures when the build process starts, but I am still about a year from getting it started. My goal is that if I do enough homework, the build should take less than 2 weeks . That does not include delay for the body to be painted.

Good luck!
My wife's boss has been working (no clue how often) on one for like 2 years now.
IBMs_Watson
Look up the Houston Cobra Club (yahoo group). They're very helpful and surprisingly active. I have a Shell Valley kit. I didn't build it from scratch, but have had to tackle a handful of issues over the years so I may be of some help. Best of luck!
tk for tu juan
If you are looking for an engine:
https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2840001
Duncan Idaho
drumboy said:

03_Aggie said:

KingCobraBQ said:

Good luck!
My wife's boss has been working (no clue how often) on one for like 2 years now.
if he buys all new parts, has them all on hand at the start and outsources the paint and bodywork, 2 weeks to put it all together would be challenging but doable.

Absolute
AG
Friend went through Backdraft racing for his. Let them build it though. Incredible car.
TX AG 88
AG
ttt. any update on this? started? progress?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.