Which would you pick

2,209 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Complete Idiot
bigjordo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2016 challenger scat pack or 2009 cts v sedan.

Prices about the same

I want something ridiculous that I can fit my age 3-9 kids in. Wife has an xc90 for practicality.
p_bubel
Probably the V for ease of entry regarding the rear seat.

Either way. Fun choice.
hatchback
AG
CTS-V. Hands down.
Furlock Bones
AG
Challenger for sure
moore42
AG
V
sts7049
AG
I'm a V owner but between those two I'd look hard at the chally. it's 8 years newer with more modern goodies inside. I'm also not a big fan of the V sedans.
Mookie
AG
Can you get a charger scat pack? Best (or worst) of both worlds.
aggiebq03+
Camaro SS, stick the big kid up front and the little ones in back. It's what I do.
bigjordo
AG
Zl1 isn't too much more. How much back seat space is there in the Camaro?
mAgnoliAg
vansprinkle
AG
Chevy SS Sedan? New with a V8, manual option.
RingOfive
AG
It depends on how many kids you have that are ages 3-9.
Buck O Five
AG
sts7049 said:

I'm a V owner but between those two I'd look hard at the chally. it's 8 years newer with more modern goodies inside. I'm also not a big fan of the V sedans.

Agreed. Had bad experiences with Dodge in the past, but I pick the challenger out of these two.
p_bubel
p_bubel said:

Probably the V for ease of entry regarding the rear seat.

Either way. Fun choice.
So, to quote and answer myself...

I currently have a Challenger RT 5.7 8 speed rental... and frankly, it's a lot more than I was expecting.

It's a great GT car. (not sports car) The V is a different animal than this.

It makes the right noises, moves quicker than anticipated (can't believe it's just the modern version of the 5.7 in my 12 year old Jeep) and is a great highway car. It reacts quicker and better than expected but is pure unapologetic throw back in looks and size. The hood is huge, and there are blindspots and the seats only for small children or short trips but damn, I like this thing a lot. Even with them being everywhere. Mash the throttle and it moves a hell of a lot better than the size suggests... and that sound. Well, I've already mentioned it.

Currently getting 20mpg in mixed driving. The interior (it's a 2017) ain't bad at all. It's an interesting vehicle. Drive 'em all and make your choice. There's really no dog in this group. (What an age we live in)

Just got done searching autotrader in my price range (for a manual) if I decide to chuck practicality to the wind with my next purchase.
bigjordo
AG
Got the chally. 2 years left on the warranty plus cpo. 3 kids fit fine. So much fun.

Complete Idiot
How many miles are on the V? I would be reluctant to buy an 8 year old car that is designed to be driven hard unless I was confident original owner babied it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.