Guess the estimate, China Edition

3,144 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by highvelocity
1agswitchin4lanes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Homeboy was texting and driving, no license and only liability insurance (only pays 2000 RMB/accident).

I offered to call the cops and get insurance, then he was like "Oh you know it takes so long to do insurance, lets just go to the repair shop and fix it."

So I said "ok. you accept liability and we'll go fix the car, you pay them direct."

Then he was like "theres a repair shop up the road...." Uh no way Jack. Company car, and I want it fixed at the dealer. So we pass the Beijing Hyundai dealer (domestic made cars) and pull into the imported Hyundai dealer, and he starts freaking out some.

When the dealer writes the estimate, the guy freaks out, states he doesnt have that kind of money, and says he wants a discount etc.

SO we look and think that the bumper can be replaced and save a few bucks. In the end, he still thought it was high, so he wanted to go back to the scene and call insurance. So I said "good, then I can get a NEW bumper...."

Then he says "uh well, we only have minimum insurance on the car....."

So then he starts telling me I should go to his friends shop, we are extorting him etc. So my secretary gets out of the car and goes off on this dude, telling him we just want the car repaired, and that we told him to pay the dealer direct. No rental replacement, no injuries etc. So in the end, he paid for the repair.

I already know the damage estimate, but I wanted to see what yall think....

Upper bumper will be repaired, lower bumper will be replaced, as will exhaust finisher, rear fog lamp, and reverse sensor.

EMY92
AG
I'll toss out 7700 yuan.
03_Aggie
Anyone gonna run those plates?
Dr. Doctor
AG
100,000 Bob.

I have no idea on exchange rates....

Seriously, how many times have you been hit in China? Do you have enough to put them in a video montage with some cool music?

~egon
Duncan Idaho
I will guess 5 rolexes. The good back room, hidden shelf ones. Not the front counter ones.
Goose
AG
A Buick minivan. Awesome. So I guess if you're 75 years old but you're just now starting a family?
Furlock Bones
AG
Goose said:

A Buick minivan. Awesome. So I guess if you're 75 years old but you're just now starting a family?
Chinese people love Buick.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Goose said:

They're the defacto company car, expat transit, town car service etc.

Based on the First gen chevy venture and still made. Reskinned in 2012. The new ones actually drive half decent for a minivan. Still has crap cheap hard plastic and squeaky trim pieces inside.

I'm actually rolling one of the pool cars from work now.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Dong, where is my automobile?

Automobile??!!!!!!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Dong, where is my automobile?

Automobile??!!!!!!

Furlock Bones
AG
my wife and i were watching that movie the other week and i looked up the actor the that played Dong. apparently, there are people to this day that come up to him and tell him he is a bad person for playing that role.
sts7049
AG
2500 USD
DannyDuberstein
AG
Furlock Bones said:

my wife and i were watching that movie the other week and i looked up the actor the that played Dong. apparently, there are people to this day that come up to him and tell him he is a bad person for playing that role.
Definitely doesn't get made in the same way today. There is a gong that goes off (sometimes multiple times) in pretty much every scene he's in or scene in which he's referred to.
MouthBQ98
AG
Which Chinese currency? The local or the foreign exchange/trade one?
CDUB98
AG
tree-fitty
TSJ
AG
So do you know mandarin or does the secretary take over in these cases? I would be absolutely hopeless if this happened to me.
PMD03
AG
TSJ said:

So do you know mandarin or does the secretary take over in these cases?
I just assume anyone that has lived in Houston for awhile learns Mandarin.
BigRobSA
Asian drivers. Amirite!?

I'll say 2750 dollars.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
So the estimate is 650 dollars, parts and labor, done at the dealership.....will be ready on sunday...
Mr. Dubi
'Bout tree fiddy
AggieDruggist89
AG
$651 Bob...
OnlyForNow
AG
650 USD? Holy snikees what is that in Yunyon?!
Obi Wan Ginobili
I'm a big fan of you bangin Skrillex/Rick Ross Purple Lambo while you cruise in a Buick minivan.
EMY92
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

I'm a big fan of you bangin Skrillex/Rick Ross Purple Lambo while you cruise in a Buick minivan.
1ags hangs out with a rough crowd.

Duncan Idaho
1agswitchin4lanes said:

So the estimate is 650 dollars, parts and labor, done at the dealership.....will be ready on sunday...

I win
Lone Stranger
If you are still open, I know a guy on the other side of town that charges 2 chickens and a goat for that type damage.
TXAGFAN
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Goose said:

Chinese people love Buick.
And don't seem to be in on the joke re: them being old person cars. When I was over there had to stifle a giggle when a guide I called told me they offer "fantastic Buick car service" lol...
highvelocity
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

songs goes hawdddd
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.