Extended Warranty Recs

3 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgTech88
AgTech88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know the value of an Extended Warranty has been debated to death on here and would like to avoid re-hashing it. That being said I plan to get one on the new Chevy SS I just picked up, and haven't been in the market for one in 8+ years.

Does anyone have a warranty company they recommend? I am in the Houston area if that matters, take good care of my vehicles, and don't plan on tracking/auto crossing the SS. I usually keep vehicles forever, but this one wont be a full time DD - probably looking for the longest extension period possible but not so worried about mileage limit. Due to all the fancy electronics, magnetic suspension etc. I assume I want a Bumper to Bumper, but would like input on that. I had to buy the car in Denver and didn't want to deal with warranty purchase out of state so will need one I can buy aftermarket (not at time of new purchase) if that matters.

Any advice appreciated.
Kbeauty63
AG
the 2 I have bought on vehicles were GMPP - luckily have not had to use it on current vehicle, but when I had a 99 Grand Prix - it replaced the steering wheel (radio controls quit working), gear shifter (having issues with putting into gear), carpet, 3 of 4 window actuators, and the radio 2 times.
Corps_Ag12
AG
You can probably buy one at the local Chevy dealer.

I don't know how many miles you drive, but I passed on it when i bought my truck & the finance guy was "shocked". I told him since i do 20k a year the warranty would be long gone before I even got a chance to use it.

Instead, I just put away a little money for things that might go wrong. That way, whether it's a repair that's not under warranty or a factory warranty deductible, i'm covered.
permabull
AG
Kbeauty63
AG
Yes - 0 deductible. Actuators were over $400/ea (because the 4th I had to pay as it went out after warranty expired). Don't remember any of the other prices
AgTech88
AG
I do not plan to modify the SS. I know that is hard to believe but when I went looking for a 1st generation CTS-V I only wanted bone stock and have not modified it. Same will go for the SS. I plan to hang onto both cars and add to the small collection I inherited from my dad. I know it will be a long time before they reach collector status, but I want my kids to have the same experience (headache?) I had - pulling them out of an old dusty warehouse, sorting out what to save and what to sell etc.........
AgTech88
AG
So cruising the Chevy SS forums it looks like most go with the GM backed extended warranty - GMEPP.
Any of you Chevy guys have any experience with this?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.