Chevy SS - May pull the trigger

10,802 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wiggletrace
GarlandAg2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Normally known as DNT - Dallas North Tollway.
swood
AG
If anyone is still looking for a 2017, I have it on good authority that a RPGM A6 with roof and spare just hit the ground at my family's dealership.
http://www.stanleywoodchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-Chevrolet-SS--Batesville-AR/2969989023
Complete Idiot
AggieEP said:

I think we actually have 6 SS owners posting on here now. There are the 5 of us on this thread and I think one other guy who bought a Heron White 6MT just like mine.

Considering how rare the cars are, that's pretty cool that this board has that many.

I hope you all enjoy driving around town in your new muscle cars. I know it puts a smile on my face every time I open it up a bit and my daughter (3 years old) yells WEEEEEE Super Speed!!!
I know there are a few owners here. Everyone aware of the electric power steering recall? I knew about it but got official notification in the mail yesterday, will schedule the service soon. Always worried about picking a dealer to work on these somewhat rare cars, hopefully it goes well.
Complete Idiot
Not sure how many Texags owners there still are, but there were a few SS owners at one time.

Got Kooks headers and X-pipe installed today with tune, liking the sound and a bit more responsive according to butt dyno. I already had a Rotofab intake.

In a year or so may look into cam and some other bolt ons.

Maybe two years or more down the road, a supercharger.

I've never kept a car longer than 4 years but I hope through mods I'll stay interested and keep this a long time.
AgTech88
AG
Glad this thread got bumped! Hard to believe I have had the SS close to 2 years.
My plan was to add the SS into my little car collection and only drive it 4-5k miles a year.
Ummm yea, that didn't happen. Have driven it 80-90% and now at 25k + miles. Just too damn much fun to drive, and (if I behave just a little) it gets better gas mileage than my supposed DD truck.

I did just purchase the GM extended warranty since it looks like I am going to drive the wheels off of it. Word of warning if you are thinking about the EW - the price almost doubles after you hit 25K miles. Almost forgot and missed it - snapped a pic of odometer at 24,456 just in case. The nice part is on the GM EW time and mileage limits start at purchase of EW, so the longer you wait the further out you push the coverage.

Have only had 2 small problems: the infotainment screen will occasionally freeze switching back from backup camera, and windshield got hit with massive rock (about 3 months in) and cracked all the way across. Really need to replace windshield but when I checked prices right after it happened it was $999.95 no matter the source.

Anyone had the infotainment issue or priced windshields lately? Assume the infotainment issue will be solved by a flash and hope glass prices have come down...

Other than those little issues it has been a blast. Really hard to have a bad day when I slide behind the wheel - just dam fun to drive and the manual hasn't started to bother me in stop-go traffic. The fact the V8 torque allows you to start off in 2nd and skip gears cuts down on constant shifting.
CATAGBQ04
AG
Where are you located?
AgTech88
AG
West Houston/Katy area. Got a hook up on the glass?

I assume the high cost is due to rarity and all the electronics stuff on the top?
Complete Idiot
Any mods yet?

I actually like the looks although agree it's on the bland side, and some outright think it's no different than a Malibu. But i like it and like a sleeper sedan.

With the exhaust baffles closed it's mostly sleeper but you can still hear that v8 a bit, with the exhaust opened up the sound doesn't match the looks - and I like that. Lots of double takes from passers by.

AgTech88
AG
No Mods - I am kind of a keep it all original guy, and it is plenty fast for my old a$$ as is. I drove a pickup for 25 years until a few years ago. Got a 1st Gen 2006 CTS-V which scared me at first but was a blast. it got parked when i got the SS.
CATAGBQ04
AG
Try Apple Glass...I've also had very good luck with Glass Doctors of Houston, they repaired a chip on my windshield.
AgTech88
AG
Will do - Thanks for the help.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Talk to Gigi at Apple. 281-296-0600 and tell her you need a truck from the 290 store. Or you can drive to their 290 store.

Tell her Wes from Innovative sent you and you need to pay tax.
AggieEP
I'm still here too, I live in California so all the mods are illegal. Like you can't even ship to California illegal...

I still daily the ss and I'm at just over 16k miles on it since my commute is short and I drive my boss 302 mustang once per week.

The sad news is that I might actually sell the ss in the spring since there is a chance I might be moving to Maryland and will need something that can handle winter weather.
Wiggletrace
AG
AggieEP said:

The sad news is that I might actually sell the ss in the spring since there is a chance I might be moving to Maryland and will need something that can handle winter weather.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.