Lets play, is it totalled

8,382 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by p_bubel
p_bubel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[url=https://flic.kr/p/S156NP][/url]2017-03-24_08-34-28 by Paul Bubel, on Flickr
Corps_Ag12
AG
It's alive!!!
p_bubel
Final bill was $2900.
Lots of LKQ parts... oh well. It works and looks fine.

Still haven't had time to file charges, work has me running all over these place since getting back from New Orleans. 5 people and their junk, plus no small amount of stop and go traffic and the minivan did 25 mpg.

Managed to swap for a Challenger R/T with the 5.7. Fun ride, nice noises. That got 20mpg over the past week.

Got the Jeep back this morning. I thought I would dread driving it again and kind of lined up some test drives over the weekend. Within 5 minutes I was planning long overdue repairs to keep it a while longer.

20 minutes after that I got a check engine light.

Argh.

It felt like it was slipping between 4th and 5th on the interstate. I called my trusted mechanic (Haby's Automotive) and he suggested checking the fluid. Did so, it was fine. Pulled the code in the parking lot to find it MDS related.

Oil pressure issues can cause it to act up and shut down. Mine felt like it was staying in 4 cylinder mode WAY too long. I had the oil changed at some place I found and pulled the negative cable to reset the codes.

All seems fine since. Fingers crossed. I did call the claims company and let them know what was going on and that there might be further issues.

And the fun continues.

It's due for an inspection and registration so I'll get new plates next week.
p_bubel
One last update in case anyone was wondering.

I went and picked him out of a photo lineup today. My friends are scheduled to do theirs over the coming 7 days.

The insurance for the truck has denied my claim. Pendejo #1 was a named excluded driver, meaning specifically he was not allowed to drive the vehicle. Which by appearances he's driven for some time. He lives with enablers it appears.

I'm out my deductible and I consider myself fortunate that I kept my comp and collision on the Jeep long after I normally would have dropped it. ( I never have it when a vehicle gets below what I think is $5,000 in value usually)

At 40 years old this is my first auto claim and my first real accident. I've been extremely pleased with my insurance carrier, Progressive.

Side note, pendejo #2 turns out to be a brother-in-law of a secondary friend of mine. Small world. Unfortunately, said pendejo had a vehicle vandalized at his place last week.

Oye.

I don't give two ****s about him to get into some childish tit-for-tat nonsense, but the timing looks effin horrible. I'm not expecting anything to come of it though.

Oh well, pendejo #1 is at least going to have to answer to the law on this one. I guess that's something.
p_bubel
Oh, and, the Jeep is running great. Go figure.
Naveronski
AG
p_bubel said:

Oh well, pendejo #1 is at least going to have to answer to the law on this one. I guess that's something.
The law in this country? Or elsewhere?
p_bubel
Here. He's a local. Went to the neighborhood school.

He's a mooch and a mess.
p_bubel
Just an update since I think their effort should at least be acknowledged, but the ******* was arrested by SAPD.

(Edit. Just realized I have put 15,000 miles on the Jeep since the accident. Time flies.)
Furlock Bones
AG
happy endings.
DadAG10
p_bubel said:

I'm out my deductible and I consider myself fortunate that I kept my comp and collision on the Jeep long after I normally would have dropped it. ( I never have it when a vehicle gets below what I think is $5,000 in value usually)

At 40 years old this is my first auto claim and my first real accident. I've been extremely pleased with my insurance carrier, Progressive.
Did they pay under collision or Uninsured Motorist?

Not sure if they will go after the other party for the deductible, but they should let you know if they don't so you can sue in small claims.

Unfortunately may not be successful anyway.
p_bubel
Wound up filing the claim under uninsured, IIRC. The assistant DA is going to get my deductible back as part of a plea deal. She was very open to more jail time if I wanted to push it, but I just want my money back. This *******s life is just one **** up after another and I don't think jail for something like this is going to do a damn thing.

I wish I could have asked for more, but I'm not really out of pocket for all that much in the end. Today I was thinking diminished value, but I just want to move on and it's probably too late.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.