Front Sensor Going Off Randomly on 2015 Lincoln Navigator

4,516 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BrazosDog02
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have a 2015 Lincoln Navigator and the front sensor goes off randomly when stopped in traffic (neither our vehicle nor the one in front is moving). This happens several times a week. In the vast majority of these cases, the vehicle in front is a Ford. We strongly suspect that there is some kind of reflection/feedback from the vehicle in front. We have taken it to the dealer three times for this issue and have not been able to replicate the issue, and the techs claim they can find nothing wrong. You can turn off the front sensor, but it automatically turns back on the next time you start the vehicle. The dealer says the sensors cannot be permanently disabled or muted, but I don't trust them to 1) know the correct answer, or 2) tell me the truth if they saw it as a liability issue to turn off the sensor. Does anybody know if you can permanently mute or disable the front sensors on a 2015 Navigator?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Im sure you can with Forscan.
03_Aggie
Can't recall how close you have to be before they go off in their own. Any chance it's exhaust pressure from the car in front that causes them to beep?

ETA, I know a Harley is somewhat on the extreme side but I seem to recall her sensors beeping in and off when sitting behind some at stop lights or in traffic.
BrazosDog02
AG
My 2013 expedition gets a wild hair every now and then with its front sensor. Sounds similar. I can't duplicate at will. Sometimes it's just out of the blue. My 2005 super duty gets beepy with the rear on rare occasion. Personally I think it's just the nature of Ford technology. It's picking up something.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.