Part Name? - 2007 Tahoe

1,358 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
DRE06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am a complete idiot an knowingly backed out of my garage with my rear lift gate open in my Tahoe. It broker several clips that are attached to the grey plastic piece with the Chevy emblem so I fear I have to replace the entire gray part.

Does anyone know what that part is called?

hurricanejake02
AG
Applique

w/o rear camera: http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/chevrolet/tahoe/22777529/2007-year/ltz-trim/5-3l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/exterior-trim-lift-gate-scat/?part_name=applique

w/ rear camera: http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/chevrolet/tahoe/15915675/2007-year/ltz-trim/5-3l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/exterior-trim-lift-gate-scat/?part_name=applique
DRE06
AG
Very much appreciate it. Could not find the name of it.

Do you happen to know if that part # is tied to the paint color? Trying to figure out how I get it to match my car color and the part listing doesn't say anything
DRE06
AG
Never mind. I called and they said you have to take it somewhere to get paint matched. Thought I was going to escape for the ~$130, but I assume that's going to be the cheap part.
sushi94
AG
you can't just replace the clips? or find one in a junk yard that matches?
DRE06
AG
I haven't completely taken it off yet, but from what I can see with a flashlight it looks like there are replaceable clips on the car, and non-replaceable clips that are permanently attached to the molding piece.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Put it back with soem JB Weld and then stick this on there.

DRE06
AG
If anyone is bored and can find a used one in Greysone Metallic, that would be neat and much appreciated. I can't seem to locate one.
DRE06
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Put it back with soem JB Weld

I thought you were kidding, but after some research is seems like this is an actual solution that some have used. Might try it since I don't want to shell out $350 on a car that I'll be getting rid of in a year.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

a car that I'll be getting rid of in a year.

There you go
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
DRE06 said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Put it back with soem JB Weld

I thought you were kidding, but after some research is seems like this is an actual solution that some have used. Might try it since I don't want to shell out $350 on a car that I'll be getting rid of in a year.
Was not kidding. A lot of the GMT900 SUV dudes do it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.