Check your lug nuts tonight

12,136 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by will.mcg
Complete Idiot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Complete Idiot
I wouldn't have shared but the man is reported to have lived and is recovering
hatchback
sts7049
AG
holy hell
AgEng06
AG
Full video below. Amazingly he is able to sit up.

AZAG08
AG
what are the odds for it to both happen like that and be caught so clearly on camera?
zap
AG
wow
bam02
AG
Geez wasn't ready for that. Amazing he is OK (not dead, at least).
91AggieLawyer
AG
I had a case once where a guy died when this happened. It was on a race track (small town) and he was in the pit area (outside the track) and a wheel came off a car on a turn, rolled, came up and hit him in the head. He was killed instantly.

This is no joke. I hope the guy recovers.
Buck O Five
AG
PSA: Don't move and/or shake someone that has had a head/spinal injury.
Superdave1993
AG
I have seen one come off I-20 into and almost all the way through an exterior wall with siding. Thanks for the update, figured he was DRT.

Why does the camera say "SEX"?
easttexasaggie04
AG
Holy crap!
mm98
AG
It's amazing he wasn't dead on impact.
txyaloo
AG
Superdave1993 said:

I have seen one come off I-20 into and almost all the way through an exterior wall with siding. Thanks for the update, figured he was DRT.

I had one jet across the concrete divider right in front of me on I35 in Austin a few years ago. Scared the **** out of me. I could just see it coming right through my windshield.
EMY92
AG
Superdave1993 said:

My guess would be SE corner.

I figured that the deathblow would be when he faceplanted into the sidewalk.

That guy's luck really sucks.
Silvy
AG
It's more of a vertical route than horizontal, but there was a dent in the steel ceiling at my former shop.

Back in the good ol days, an aired up wheel assembly was on the machine when something failed. There was enough force to make the clamps on the machine fail, fly up 25-30', and still manage to dent the ceiling.

If I recall correctly, it was a split rim wheel that failed.
Superdave1993
AG
I can believe that.
tk for tu juan
No wheel route jokes?
Ag for Life
AG
I was commuting home the other day on I-30 and passed a box truck in the left lane and thought nothing of it. A few seconds later I see an explosion in my right hand rear view mirror. My sphincter immediately puckered up tight as I saw this box truck's left rear wheel and tire (outside one as it was a dually) detached and heading straight for me like it was attempting to pass. I said several OH ****S! and OH ****S! and stepped on it. It gained on me but never passed and eventually started drifting toward the median.

It happened so fast I was kind of in shock. The inside rear tire on the driver's side of that truck blew up and sent the outside tire AWOL. That was a first for me and I'm glad it didn't hit anyone or anything. If you drive enough miles you're bound to see some crazy **** I suppose.
TecRecAg
AG
The defender did have his back turned...
vansprinkle
AG
I've had one from an 18 wheel bounce across the median of 290 right at me. It was late at night near Hempstead. Luckily I was one of few cars on the road and managed to dodge it.
Mateo84
AG
I had an entire intact 18 wheeler tire come off and hit the front of my truck going 70 mph on I45 years ago. Luckily it was just the tire, no wheel. And the tire went under my truck instead of over ... caught it on the bounce down instead of up. Thought it was gonna come through the windshield. Still scared the hell outta me and I ended up coming to a stop in the grassy median.
AgTDub
AG
tk for tu juan said:

No wheel route jokes?
That or Ron White....
PMD03
AG
About 8 years ago I was in a truck with coworkers on highway 6 mid afternoon. We were northbound between Navasota and College Station when a wheel came off a southbound truck like this. It bounced from the median and went over the hood of our truck. Pretty scary afterward, but it happened so fast that we weren't able to process what was going on until the wheel was flying over the hood.
Buck O Five
AG
pow pow powerwheel
OregonAggie
AG
tk for tu juan said:

No wheel route jokes?

They've been killing Aggie defenses for years....that's nothing to joke about!
IslandAg76
n_touch
Crazy. My stepdad hit a runaway tire last night with his truck. I will post the pics later but it did some pretty nasty damage to it.
RyanAg08
AG
Must've been from Ron White's van.
Picadillo
Ditto here. Was narrowly missed by a flying tire/wheel off a southbound I-45 as we were northbound. Scary.
BrazosDog02
AG
Never take your car to Sears where they use a tire school guy.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Someone's god-damn bumper fell off and went tumbling down the highway 3 feet left of my jeep doing 80...

Astroag
AG
I was driving south on 45 between Spring and Downtown, when I came upon the cab of a freshly media-blasted late 40s pick up on a flat-bed trailer. Turns out it wasn't strapped down and proceeded to bounce out the back of the trailer. Reminded me of the giant dice they used to drop at Houston Gambler games rolling down 45. Luckily I was even with the trailer as the cab decided to bounce on out....

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
Astroag
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Never take your car to Sears where they use a tire school guy.
Underrated post of the day....(especially when he missed lug nut day at tire college)

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
EskimoJoe
I knew a guy (RIP) that rented land along I80 in Nebraska where he farmed. When he was harvesting corn, there was a spot in a particular field where he would always find run away semi tires and wheels that came to rest there during the growing season. It would happen every year.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.