2012 Sonata - Headlights keep burning out

666 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Complete Idiot
crowman2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've replaced the headlights (both sides) multiple times over the last 2 years, even changed brands of bulbs to see if that would help. Woke up this morning, right headlight was out again. I had another bulb leftover and tried to change it, however, the light would not come on.

I'm starting to think I have a wiring issue or maybe there's a blown fuse. Thoughts?
GrapevineAg
AG
Any water or condensation inside the headlight/lens assembly?
crowman2010
AG
none
atxaggie07
AG
This may be a stupid question but, are you wearing some sort of latex or other type of glove when touching the bulbs? The oils in your hand can cause them to burn hotter and therefore not last as long.
crowman2010
AG
atxaggie07 said:

This may be a stupid question but, are you wearing some sort of latex or other type of glove when touching the bulbs? The oils in your hand can cause them to burn hotter and therefore not last as long.
Always have gloves on (brand new ones each time).
Complete Idiot
https://www.google.com/search?q=Sonata+-+Headlights+keep+burning+out&oq=Sonata+-+Headlights+keep+burning+out&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.