1982 jeep cj7 Manual?

1,369 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by C4D
C4D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hello Auto Board

Bought a 1982 CJ7 Renegade 2 years ago with intention of restoring it. It runs well and i have put 2k miles on it as a weekend driver since i bought it.

I am not a mechanic, nor am i versed in any way on restoring a vehicle. Thats being said i have replaced a couple small things here and there. But the jeep still has issues that need to be addressed.

My questions are as follows.
What is the best place to find a complete manual for this vehicle? Is there such a thing? Does anybody know if there will be a manual for the renegade package specifically? Or just a 1982 CJ7?

Thanks for any help!!
SWC02
AG
I'd recommend the Chiltons Manual for Cj7s... Amazon should have them in stock...
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
SWC02 said:

I'd recommend the Chiltons Manual for Cj7s... Amazon should have them in stock...
This....

Maybe alldatadiy.com
Gigemags05
AG
I have a service manual, a Haynes, and a chilton for my 1980 cj7.

I used the chilton almost exclusively when restoring mine. Well, that and YouTube.
AG
The Haynes book is good enough for what you are doing

I had the FSM for my 76 and the schematics are much better, but everything else goes together the same so a generic book like Haynes or chiltons works. Chiltons seemed even more generic than Haynes.
Sea Gull
AG
I might have a copy of the factory service manual for an '83 CJ7 in pdf form, which might help you a bit. I'll have to look when I get home.

But try this website.
C4D
AG
Thanks everybody.
Old Sarge
AG
C4D,

If you ever want to sell, I'd like a look at that CJ.

I'd like to have a later than 80 CJ, or 78-80 K5Blazer/Jimmy. Really.
C4D
AG
Old Sarge

I will keep that in mind. Every now and then i think about selling to get a motorcycle or something like that.

Only problem is simply driving this thing to town for a day puts me in a better mood for that day. Too much dang fun. I drive it to work if i dont feel like working. Im immediately happier when i get to work. Its awesome
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.