Dealership "Can't hear the noise" - Engine lifter ticking

7,457 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sea Gull
Tagguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Try a different dealer if you have them nearby.

I went to where I bought my Jeep from and they wouldn't do anything. I went to another one nearby and they were more than happy to help address the problem.

Granted it was a different problem but you might see another dealership more willing or interested in working with you. I had to get Chrysler involved on a fuel line leak that they took weeks to fix where I bought mine from. It went on for 6 weeks and they kept saying they couldn't get the part. Funny how one magically appeared less than 24 hours after a call to Chrysler.
TexAg1987
1agswitchin4lanes said:

They only replaced 5 parts?
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/products/JEEP/ADJUSTER-Valve-Lash/4330553/05184332AA.html

I have never seen ANY factory part that only costs $1.75

Sea Gull
AG
Got a hold of the guy...I'm dropping it off first thing tomorrow. I called another dealership but they wouldn't touch it. Not real happy with my Chrysler product right now...although I love the jeep.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Duck Patrol said:

Got a hold of the guy...I'm dropping it off first thing tomorrow. I called another dealership but they wouldn't touch it. Not real happy with my Chrysler product right now...although I love the jeep.
WTF was his excuse?
Sea Gull
AG
He's not very intelligent, so his excuse was something about the tech said it wasn't making the noise anymore or something to that effect. They still haven't given me the proper receipt of the work they did for the first 2 weeks. I plan on calling him this afternoon to make sure he sends that me TODAY and to get a status update.

I dropped it off this morning and told him to fix it right and fast this time.

Is it worth getting corporate Chrysler involved? I've never had to deal with this, so I'm not sure how to handle it...
Tagguy
AG
Quote:

Is it worth getting corporate Chrysler involved? I've never had to deal with this, so I'm not sure how to handle it...
Yes it can be. I had a cracked fuel line on mine that took weeks to get taken care of. They kept giving me the run around that the part was unavailable to them since it was new or some nonsense like that. Supposedly there had been a few different redesigns and mine was the latest at that time. They claimed all of those parts were going to production and that they had not yet been stocking them as a replacement part yet. Anyways after I finally spent the time and got Chrysler involved I magically got a call the next day saying the part was on its way and that it would be ready the day after that.

Sea Gull
AG
Good to know...I'm going to call them this afternoon for a status update. If it's not acceptable, I'll get the service manager involved.
BrazosDog02
AG
Ugggghhhhhh....that SUCKS.

Hope you get it fixed. My f150 ticks but only a few seconds after startup and it's done it for almost 300k miles so....It's probably fine. Yours needs fixing.
Sea Gull
AG
Got Chrysler involved...one of their reps is supposed to reach out to me tomorrow.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.