Alternatives to Lexus ES and RX

3,848 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
The Kraken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife totaled her 2011 ES350. She's recovering but will need to purchase a replacement once ready to drive again. She wants to get another CPO ES but is thinking of an RX as she's interested in sitting higher up. No kids so family hauling isn't a concern. Budget is 30-35K

She's pretty much told me she's getting another Lexus but I'm trying to convince her (yeah, good luck) that checking other brands isn't a waste of time and there are loaded new cars she could get for the same price as a used Lexus. Not that I'm opposed to getting another Lexus but whenever I've shopped for a new truck I've always looked at all the options. What are some alternatives that she might go for?
hatchback
AG
Lincoln beats Lexus at it's Own Game.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/05/2016-lincoln-mkx-review-lincoln-beats-lexus-luxury-game/
10andBOUNCE
AG
LOL Lincoln better than Lexus
Whitetail
AG
Buick

p_bubel
hatchback said:

Lincoln beats Lexus at it's Own Game.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/05/2016-lincoln-mkx-review-lincoln-beats-lexus-luxury-game/
That would be the first place I would look.
'03ag
New World Ag said:

Wife totaled her 2011 ES350. She's recovering but will need to purchase a replacement once ready to drive again. She wants to get another CPO ES but is thinking of an RX as she's interested in sitting higher up. No kids so family hauling isn't a concern. Budget is 30-35K

She's pretty much told me she's getting another Lexus but I'm trying to convince her (yeah, good luck) that checking other brands isn't a waste of time and there are loaded new cars she could get for the same price as a used Lexus. Not that I'm opposed to getting another Lexus but whenever I've shopped for a new truck I've always looked at all the options. What are some alternatives that she might go for?
Sounds like all her friends drive a Lexus.
The Kraken
AG
Not really. Her previous ride was Chrysler 300 that spent too much time in the repair shop...ended up trading it in for the Lexus just before we met. That's why I think I will have a difficult time getting her to consider other makes.
KY AG
AG
Find other battles to fight and don't waste your time here. RX and ES are both solid.
edwardsk2003
AG
Chrysler to Lexus...

That's like going from being married to HRC...To Tom Brady's wife.....
Diet Cokehead
AG
My wife also insisted on another Lexus after having one previously even though I wanted her to explore other options. The interior luxury, service, and reliability is hard to beat and those are 3 things she really cares about in a vehicle.
TRIDENT
AG
Some things are not worth arguing over. Like the brand of car your wife wants to drive.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Your wife is recovering and not in the ground get her another Lexus.
ac04
test drive a 2014+ highlander
Prophet00
AG
Step up into the GS350 F Sport.

http://www.lexus.com/lcertified/search-inventory?vin=JTHBE1BL5D5024860

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Prophet00 said:

Step up into the GS350 F Sport.

http://www.lexus.com/lcertified/search-inventory?vin=JTHBE1BL5D5024860

GS-F or GTFO
07&09Ag
I know you mentioned RX but we went with the NX and brand new is at the top end of your budget. Not sure about the used market yet as they are still relatively new.

When we looked, price wise, the NX competed well and my wife is partial to the customer service they provide which is top notch. Also, we had an 07 IS that was at 180k trouble free miles until it was totaled plus routine maintenance type items don't cost an arm and a leg like your other "luxury" vehicles. Wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't own another brand again which is ok by me.
Prophet00
AG
Agreed, but I think it's a tad outside of the price range
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
07&09Ag said:

I know you mentioned RX but we went with the NX and brand new is at the top end of your budget. Not sure about the used market yet as they are still relatively new.

When we looked, price wise, the NX competed well and my wife is partial to the customer service they provide which is top notch. Also, we had an 07 IS that was at 180k trouble free miles until it was totaled plus routine maintenance type items don't cost an arm and a leg like your other "luxury" vehicles. Wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't own another brand again which is ok by me.
I cant bring myself to pay 35K for a RAV4
MrJonMan
AG
My wife drives an MKX and my mom drives an RX....not that drastic of a difference. Both pretty reliable

My opinion is I won't buy either in the future, both too small for my taste
The Kraken
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Your wife is recovering and not in the ground get her another Lexus.

True that.

She caught me looking at a Ford Edge on my iPad. Yeah...I'm not doing that again. It'll be a Lexus....the only question is which model.
ac04
ford edge? no wonder she flipped. you're looking at sirloin when she's expecting ribeye. you messed up
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Sasappis said:

Is the nx really that small? I know it is small but it seems like the size of the rdx. I thought both were bigger than the Rav 4.
Yes. It uses the Rav4 Platform and even the Hybrid comes with the same engine thats in the Rav4
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.