Calling Big Rob...

4,147 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Flaith
Flaith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTm papi said:

I guess for him it's a personal preference. Kind of like how each mechanic likes to use their own oil.
I guess... I didn't know if there was a mechanical reason for running it. Maybe he just likes changing the oil every 3k miles
BigRobSA
We use Motul 5w40. It meets the VAG specs and we can get it cheap.

If we need oil in a hurry, M1 0w40 is good, too.
aTm papi
I think the mechanic likes changing every 3k. I guess I'll do Castrol Syntec every 6k. VW dealership charges $69.99 for their synthetic oil changes.
aTm papi
BigRobSA

Looooove that color!!!

Like, wanting to bang it "love".

Did I say that out loud?

aTm papi
[url=https://flic.kr/p/REJrMs][/url]IMG_20170218_150718_Ink_LI

Next thing I need to do is tint the windows. I'll probably get that done in April once it starts getting warmer.
BigRobSA
I have a stroked 1.8t ( bored 1.8 w/ 1.9 TDI crank = 2.1) with forged bottom end and a YUGE turbo for it (7670) and other goodies if you want to throw in a 650 -700 hp (e85) engine into it.
aTm papi
BigRobSA said:

I have a stroked 1.8t ( bored 1.8 w/ 1.9 TDI crank = 2.1) with forged bottom end and a YUGE turbo for it (7670) and other goodies if you want to throw in a 650 -700 hp (e85) engine into it.

How do you even get any traction with that?
BigRobSA
LSD + wide, sticky tires.

Even then, you'll pwn newbs whole spinning 'em right past them.

Flaith
AG
1) fooking awesome. I love that color, and that is easily my favorite GTI body style

2) are you missing a VW center cap? I have a hand full of them if you need some. I'm in Houston, but I don't mind shipping them to you.
BigRobSA
Flaith said:

2) are you missing a VW center cap? I have a hand full of them if you need some. I'm in Houston, but I don't mind shipping them to you.

Good Bull!!
aTm papi
Flaith said:

1) fooking awesome. I love that color, and that is easily my favorite GTI body style

I saw that in the picture too. I had an extra one from my MK4 Jetta. It fit like a glove.
Flaith
aTm papi
Flaith said:

I thought you were talking about my wheel cap since I was missing one. I got that fixed, but I do need a center cap. How much to ship to 78748?
Flaith
AG
to be clear, this is what i'm talking about

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.