1ags or anyone in the know f250

2,532 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Burdizzo
Frisco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the story on this sync 3 2.2 update that was leaked. I'm ready to put Android auto in my 2016 but am hesitant until I know of others. My buddy did it in his f150 and had no issues.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Most everyone thats done it have had no issues.

A few people have bricked their screens but I hear that you should leave the vehicle running when doing the update.
DallasAggie89
AG
I did the upgrade - everything works fine.
Frisco
AG
Thanks!!
pnut02
AG
Wait, have some people installed Sync3 on MFT systems? I wouldn't mind that on the rib's Explorer. But then again, I don't want to break my wife's ride.
TexasRebel
AG
I did the update on the Mustang without issue. Just make sure you use the correct nav/non-nav version and format the USB drive in Fat32 or exFat. Patience is also key. The software isn't in a hurry for anything.

Going from MFT to SYNC 3 is possible, but it's more involved. You'll need a whole new audio head unit.
Frisco
AG
yeah for some reason i thought the 16MY F250 were supposed to get it, but alas I'm sync 3.08 (which is actually sync2 - stupid ford). Looks like there is a company doing upgrades, but for 2k I'm not going to do it.
TecRecAg
AG
Glad this got cleared up. I saw the OP and thought my '16 had a chance. Did some research and looks like I'm stuck with what I got. $2k for a new unit.. forget it.
AgEng06
AG
So what year models (or SYNC systems) is this applicable on? Is it an option on a '14 Explorer Sport w/ nav?
Frisco
AG
As far as I can tell it's for anyone that has Sync 3.
TexasRebel
AG
Should be anything with SYNC 3.
AgEng06
AG
How do I tell if I have SYNC 3?
TexasRebel
AG
Go into settings and About SYNC and see if it says "SYNC3" anywhere.

The owner.ford.com site should also have that info.
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, I just found it. Looks like we have SYNC2 v3.6. Damn.
Burdizzo
AG
Had something odd happen with the Sync in my 2016 F150 last night. Wife and I were driving around listening to the USB stick. She decides she wants to listen to something else. She starts doing a search, and the screen blacks out. The music kept playing, by there were no controls other than the volume knob. It would not even turn off or switch media. I pulled into a parking lot, shut off the engine, and opened the door to stop the music. When I restarted the truck it kept playing where it left off. I did this again and then pulled out the USB stick. When I restarted the truck, the radio then defaulted to FM. Put the USB stick back in and no change. All the while the screen was still black and no controls other than volume.

This morning I got in and it worked fine, but I looks like maybe some of the fonts are now bolded. I am wondering if I caught it in the middle of an update.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.