Selling a Vehicle - Payment Question

1,944 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by rwv2055
DuncanAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Besides going to the buyer's bank what other forms of payment is safe to accept? I'm selling a vehicle in the $40K range so don't want to take cash and understand there are fake cashier's checks out there.

Got an email today from someone out of state offering to buy for full price through PayPal but I am assuming this is a scam? How would you transact with an out of state buyer who sends a shipper?
aggiepaintrain
AG
100% scam, anytime paypal is involved.

wire to a bank account you don't use, or go with them to one of the big banks in your town and have a cashiers check cut in front of you.

permabull
AG
ILikeTacos
AG
About two years ago I sold one of my GTR's to a guy from jersey. Met him half way because he wanted to pay cash and I had to see this **** for myself. We met up at a hotel and did the deal in my room. I brought a friend for company and extra feelings of security, but no **** this guy handed over 85k in cash. It took a while to count it, but I verified it and sent him on his way with his new car. It's funny, you are carrying an $85k car on a trailer and don't think twice about it, carrying $85k in cash? I couldn't get that **** in the bank fast enough, I did not feel comfortable with it.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

carrying $85k in cash? I couldn't get that **** in the bank fast enough, I did not feel comfortable with it.
A friend who was a crop duster, sold a plane once to someone from Mexico. Friend flew it down to an airport on the border, signed the papers, and got a briefcase with $40,000 in cash. He got on a Southwest flight and flew home with that briefcase.

BTW, did the bank give you any crap? I assume they reported a cash deal that big to the feds.
ILikeTacos
AG
Anything over $10k they always have to do a report.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

carrying $85k in cash? I couldn't get that **** in the bank fast enough, I did not feel comfortable with it.
A friend who was a crop duster, sold a plane once to someone from Mexico. Friend flew it down to an airport on the border, signed the papers, and got a briefcase with $40,000 in cash. He got on a Southwest flight and flew home with that briefcase.

BTW, did the bank give you any crap? I assume they reported a cash deal that big to the feds.
Just deposit a little at a time....
Dr. Doctor
AG
Get a safe and pay cash for groceries for a while...
~egon
SG09
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Just deposit a little at a time....
still illegal if they catch you.
rwv2055
AG
Just get cash.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.