1Ags tire ?

1,714 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
TMfrisco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Just about through with a set of Destination LEs on my '13 F-150. They have 50K on them and might last another 10K - 60K warranty. I'll replace them before they get to 60K, but wont worry about any piddly warranty that might be left.
Looking at new tires and I can get the new Michelin Defender LTX for $15/tire more than the Dueler Alenza Plus. I drive just over 30K/year. Are the Michelins worth $15/tire more?
The Wonderer
AG
In as I need new tires for my F150 too..
Strongwind86
AG
TMfrisco said:

Are the Michelins worth $15/tire more?
In my opinion - Yes, Michelins are worth the extra $15 or so. I've run nothing but Michelins on all my vehicles once the factory/original tires wear out. I would consider some of the BFG tires - but they are part of the Michelin family.

I've run several sets of the LTX MS series on my F150 SCrew... Usually got 50K miles plus from a set. Tires were always smooth, quiet and good in the wet - until they got around 50K.
maverick12
AG
I just put my second set of LE2's on my F150. Couldn't be happier with the wear, ride and wet traction.
drumboy
AG
Any recs on a 245/40/20 for an M37S?

Bridgestone Potenzas OK (don't want to step up to Goodyear Eagle for almost twice the cost).
easttexasaggie04
AG
I've had good luck out of the Nitto Terra Grappler tires on my F-150 4x4 and my Tahoe before I had this truck. Both sets lasted me well over 50,000 miles.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
One tire and one tire only, Michelin Defender LTX.
easttexasaggie04
AG
How are they off road?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

How are they off road?

Have no idea since I just stay on the pavement. Really don't know how they are in the mud or snow either. Just know that after 30,000 original miles on Bridgestone Duelers I have only used these tires since. Rolled past 261,000 miles today.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
drumboy said:

Any recs on a 245/40/20 for an M37S?

Bridgestone Potenzas OK (don't want to step up to Goodyear Eagle for almost twice the cost).
Potenza RE970 is a great tire for a good mix of performance and treadwear
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
TMfrisco said:

Just about through with a set of Destination LEs on my '13 F-150. They have 50K on them and might last another 10K - 60K warranty. I'll replace them before they get to 60K, but wont worry about any piddly warranty that might be left.
Looking at new tires and I can get the new Michelin Defender LTX for $15/tire more than the Dueler Alenza Plus. I drive just over 30K/year. Are the Michelins worth $15/tire more?
Beceause of that statement, I would consider Michelins.

If youre under 30K per year, the Michelins will dry rot before you get all the life out of them.

For those that drive under 30K, the LE2 is a fantastic bang for the buck.

Defender LTX is the replacement for the MS2 so I'd think that would be a good pick if you were to go Michelin.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.