Donate to Kars for Kids or some other similar charity

1,056 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Dr. Doctor
Aggielandma12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone donated their car? I was reading reviews about Kars for Kids and people said they sale your information from your title?

Any other car donation services recommended?
Mookie
AG
I would sell the car to Carmax and donate the proceeds to your favorite charity.

Cars for kids and others get pennies on the dollar for their sales. Plus you are getting a tax break at your normal filing % . for me to donate a $1000 car, I would get get the same tax breaks as a $1000 donation but my charity would get the whole amount, not a portion of the $200 cars for kids gets for my sled.
Aggielandma12
AG
Will Carmax buy a POS?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Maybe donate it to your local PBS station?
Aggielandma12
AG
I might just sell it to a junk yard. It's a 2007 VW passat with 125K miles. Leaks oil and I hit a deer the other day that took out my drive side mirror and put 2 really big dents on the car.
permabull
AG
BenTheGoodAg
AG
I donated a car to a local charity that had mechanics that offered free services to the car before the recipient took it.
Dr. Doctor
AG
I've taken a few beaters to Carmax. They'll buy it, but usually for 500. Check, even cars over 10 years, but still in good condition, they only offer 500.
~egon
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.