F250 6.7L Questions

6,784 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by D&C 2002
KY AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honestly SHOCKED you still have it. Are you feeling well?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
KY AG said:

Honestly SHOCKED you still have it. Are you feeling well?
May be hard to pass off this XL for a platinum though....
D&C 2002
AG
Came back to follow the rules. Thanks again for all the advice. Wound up with a 2015 and I absolutely love it. Wish it had the standard lariat wheels instead of the platinum ones but they are growing on me. First trip pulling my camper this weekend - we'll see how it goes.

Planning to do tint and bed cover soon. What else do I need? Jimmi jammers? LS swap?

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Looks good.

Someone put some platinum wheels on it.

JJ's are a must.

KY AG
AG
Congrats man. That thing is going to look awesome in a Chilis parking lot!
WildcatAg
AG
Nice truck! And nice camper set up.

From looking at that last picture you may want to check your hitch set up or the weight distribution of your camper. The rear of the truck seems to be squatting more than I would expect for a camper. Could just be the camera angle.....or me.
D&C 2002
AG
Quote:

Quote:

That thing is going to look awesome in a Chilis parking lot!

You'll be happy to know that I ate at chili's not long ago. That's what a customer wanted for lunch. I lost a part of my soul that day. Hope the wife and fam are doing well

Wildcat - I was just moving it around the storage lot the other day so I didn't have my weight distribution/sway bars all hooked up. I'm still surprised at how much it squatted it though. Might need to redistribute some weight!
OregonAggie
AG
TecRecAg said:

Quote:

If you're doing an oil change every 5,000 miles, any reason to run synthetic? I have been doing my own oil changes since I started driving and have used Mobil 1 in almost every vehicle which lets me change at 10,000-15,000 depending on driving conditions. I can see why more frequent oil changes might be recommended for a diesel. No more often than this truck would need it, I'd probably spend the extra $20 on the Mobil 1 over standard dino juice but just curious...
You're buying a truck with an engine that costs $10,000-$15,000 to replace. Give me one good reason why you should run anything but the best (synthetic). Ask anyone with a high mileage 6.7 truck and I promise you they don't go over 5k for a change. For type of oil, that's your choice. Just make sure it meets CJ-4. I run 5w40 Rotella T6 because I've found that my Fords really seem to like it.Oh yeah, and only run a Motorcraft filter.
Quote:

Also, it looks like the 2013 has a more integrated nav/entertainment system. I'm kinda liking the 2012 design a little better because it looks like it would be easier to upgrade. Any experience updating the technology in a 2013?

I have that issue on my old 2005 land cruiser now. It would make such a difference if I could find a way to get the latest technology in there but it has the "all in one" nav/entertainment/air cond/etc.
This sounds like you want an aftermarket head unit. Otherwise, what 'new technologies' do you seek? There are some companies that make aftermarket bezels for 13-16 models so that you can add an iPad underneath the screen.

I run Rotella T6 in my 06 F250 and I definitely think it makes a difference. What I've noticed is that the engine generally runs smoother and it really helps with cold starts.
The Wonderer
AG
WildcatAg said:

From looking at that last picture you may want to check your hitch set up or the weight distribution of your camper. The rear of the truck seems to be squatting more than I would expect for a camper. Could just be the camera angle.....or me.
Going to post the same. You shouldn't have that much squat with that size TT on the ball.

Edit: Actually, looking closer, I see you don't have the WD power bars installed in that pic. Do you tow with the power bars installed or are you just using the WD hitch for the anti-sway bars?
KY AG
AG
The Wonderer said:

WildcatAg said:

Going to post the same. You shouldn't have that much squat with that size TT on the ball.

Edit: Actually, looking closer, I see you don't have the WD power bars installed in that pic. Do you tow with the power bars installed or are you just using the WD hitch for the anti-sway bars?

Do you even read bro? See his reply a few posts up.
The Wonderer
AG
KY AG said:

The Wonderer said:

WildcatAg said:

Do you even read bro? See his reply a few posts up.
Dammit. That's two reading fails today and it's not even Noon yet.
JB
AG
Whoa, good thing you got that diesel and weight distribution hitch. That camper is huge!

D&C 2002
AG
Quote:

Whoa, good thing you got that diesel and weight distribution hitch. That camper is huge!
I know. We didn't want to go too big for our first rig and had intended on pulling it with an '05 Landcruiser. It's just the wife and I so we don't need a lot of space. The cruiser did ok but it's getting up there in miles and I wanted a truck. It's funny - the truck is as long as the trailer!

Just got back from the first road trip out to Garner SP this weekend. It was an absolute pleasure pulling that thing with this truck. Even took RR 337 to Medina and 16 to Kerville on our way back to Austin. Absolutely love that drive but never would have attempted it with the cruiser pulling that trailer. F250 didn't even know there was a trailer back there.

Only issue - I discovered mine does not have the relay and fuse installed to make the trailer running lights work. Pretty frustrating. I can't figure out why they ship the truck without that installed and leave it to the dealer to install which, obviously, doesn't always get done.
PFG
AG
2017 fixed the bumper pull sag issue.

WildcatAg
AG
PFG said:

2017 fixed the bumper pull sag issue.

I never knew you could fix a sagging rear-end issue by adding an extra axle to the trailer.
PFG
AG
Ha! Good point.

Previous gen SDs are notorious for sagging under minimal load, be it bumper pull or weight in the bed.
Silvy
AG
No sag with bags
D&C 2002
AG
Quote:

Previous gen SDs are notorious for sagging under minimal load, be it bumper pull or weight in the bed.

Wow, no kidding. I mean this trailer isn't light with all our stuff loaded up but I was sure surprised how much it squatted, even with the WD/sway bars attached. I was considering bringing the front end up an inch or two but I'd really have to do air bags on the rear if I did that. The air bags are no big deal, just didn't think a 3/4 ton would need them unless I went to a 5th wheel or something...

That '17 is bad ass!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.