Barrett Jackson 2017

3,021 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jbeaman88
guitjon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know that they've over-inflated collector car values, but it's still cool to see the cars. I'm actually heading out there tomorrow for a few days with my dad and my uncles to just check out the cars. Dad and one of his brothers went two years ago and had a lot of fun, so they decided to invite me and the other brother this year. Anyone else heading out there? I'll try to post some pics next week after I'm back.
AggieStout
AG
I have always wanted to go out there just to see all the cars. I feel though i would want to get in on some of the bidding action since you see some really nice cars go for decent prices.
guitjon
Have to be registered ahead of time for the bid passes which allow you on floor with chairs (and other areas). We talked about getting bidders passes so we could sit in the padded chairs instead of cold bleachers when we started planning trip (2 badges per bidder pass). My dad and uncle took care of all arrangements, so I don't know if we ended up doing it or not. Find out tomorrow I guess when dad brings me my "packet" as he called it. I'm looking forward to just seeing some nice cars and not be rushed to herd through a normal car show in a few hours.
ILikeTacos
AG
I have been before, no bid passes just toured the hall and it was incredible
Pahdz
Can't believe my wife nor I ever went when we lived out there, but we watch in TV every year and plan to go to it eventually. It's so weird that my wife is in to it, but I'm not complaining.
malibu9in1
Some of those cars are bringing pennies on the dollar it seems. Some steals at times.
Mookie
AG
I went in 2015, it was awesome. Highly recommend to anyone on here. The auction itself is the least interesting part.
guitjon
After we swam through houston to get to airport, and had an over 2 hour flight delay, we finally got to Scottsdale (with Brock Osweiller in tow). The cars are going dirt cheap so far. 57 Chevy fully restored to new specs went for $50k, full custom 57 Chevy with 454 went for $37, and a restored Cuda for only $33k! Stupid low prices.

Will post pics for sure at some point.
Matsui
AG
Why are prices lower than expected?
Aero95
AG
I've read complaints from sellers that B-J doesn't take the time to get top dollar on the bulk of the cars like they do for the heavy hitters during prime time...they just run as many across the block as they can. Of course you need at least two very interested bidders to get any price up for any particular car and it is hard to tell how many in the crowd are serious shoppers versus tourists.

If I were selling I doubt I'd be tempted to take anything there.
Shelton98
AG
I obviously don't know anything about car auctions but some of these sells have me scratching my head. I think I saw a pretty sweet ~ 2003 Ferrari go for $60K and a Fiat that looked more like a golf cart than a car go for $30K.
kyledr04
AG
My parents have been a couple times. There are always some deals on the cars that go during the day and earlier in the sale.
jbeaman88
AG
A new special attraction this year is sold sticker girl. Pretty sure in past years they put those stickers on the driver's side but not complaining those legs are on the side with the camera this year.
Pahdz
TV viewing was a bit of a let down tonight. Hopefully tomorrow night is a bit more interesting.

Did I hear that right, that Steven Tyler car goes 265mph?
clarythedrill
jbeaman88 said:

A new special attraction this year is sold sticker girl. Pretty sure in past years they put those stickers on the driver's side but not complaining those legs are on the side with the camera this year.
Yes, I have enjoyed her nice azz and legs at the end of every sale. I especially like it when the camera man lowers the camera down to butt level when doing the final walk around. He knows whats up.
Token
AG
Pahdz said:

TV viewing was a bit of a let down tonight. Hopefully tomorrow night is a bit more interesting.

Did I hear that right, that Steven Tyler car goes 265mph?
didnt watch but if you're talking about his Hennessy Venom GT, then yes
Complete Idiot
Are we talking about leather yoga pants sold girl?
clarythedrill
Complete Idiot said:

Are we talking about leather yoga pants sold girl?
Yes, yes we are, in all that butts glory.
guitjon
Good god she was hot. I made my way over there every time in went into the building where the block was.

Sorry I haven't posted any pics yet. Things have been crazy since I returned. I got pics of just about any kind of car out there. Anything in particular you all interested in me posting? I did not get pics of yoga pants "sold" girl as I didn't need another reason for the wife to be pissed.
clarythedrill
guitjon said:

Good god she was hot. I made my way over there every time in went into the building where the block was.

Sorry I haven't posted any pics yet. Things have been crazy since I returned. I got pics of just about any kind of car out there. Anything in particular you all interested in me posting? I did not get pics of yoga pants "sold" girl as I didn't need another reason for the wife to be pissed.
I would be happy with any '66-72 GM muscle car pictures, if you do not mind. Thanks in advance.
jbeaman88
AG
I'd like to see the '70 Mustang Fastback resto-mod with the Ford GT engine mounted amidship.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.