Best F-150 Deals in DFW?

4,349 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AW 1880
redass1876
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a 2016 F-150 XLT Crew Cab with a 302A equipment package and trailer tow package for under $30k. I will qualify for all the conditional rebates except the first responder one. Wife will want the dark blue or dark grey color but other dark colors may be ok

I wanted to see if anyone has had great luck lately. This would be $13.5k or so off MSRP and my last truck i got for $14k off MSRP (Prestige Ford). Haven't had much luck searching so far this time around. Was originally looking for $16k off MSRP based on a San Antonio ad i saw but even that one is gone now.

Any tips are appreciated.
The Wonderer
AG
1ags contact at TV in Houston?
txag2008
AG
Bought mine 3yrs ago from Grand Prairie Ford and it was the best price I found in the area (it was even cheaper than 1ags contact's price).

If you're looking for a great experience this may not be your place, but based on price alone it was good.
redass1876
AG
Hoping to not go back until i am ready for another truck so "experience" means little to me.

Price driven completely
BeastmodeAg
AG
Lol good luck on a crew cab 2016 under 30k your low balling hard core
powerbiscuit

There were ads last week that were in the neighborhood. Town East (Mesquite), Five Star Ford, Grapevine. I don't know what happened to prices after the 1st.
The Wonderer
AG
powerbiscuit said:

There were ads last week that were in the neighborhood. Town East (Mesquite), Five Star Ford, Grapevine. I don't know what happened to prices after the 1st.

Not trying to make year end numbers anymore and already took the hit for holding over.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Here's a list to get you started..... FYI they are all 2WD

Silver 2016 XLT

Red 2016 XLT

Silver XLT 2

Upon further review, Silver 2 has the Sync 3 system & tow package with integrated trailer brake.
redass1876
AG
BeastmodeAg said:

Oh i know i'm lowballing. But i got my 2013 F-150 that had a 44.5k MSRP for 30k so it could at least be done a few years ago.

Edit: Looks like new rebates hit today and up for about 1500 more than i was before in savings

http://www.blakeutterford.net/new/Ford/2016-Ford-F-150-6954cd050a0e0adf4ae7cb912e752b9a.htm?searchDepth=6:12

The Wonderer
AG
redass1876 said:

BeastmodeAg said:

Oh i know i'm lowballing. But i got my 2013 F-150 that had a 44.5k MSRP for 30k so it could at least be done a few years ago.
Only one year remained on that generation. Current gen is still pretty fresh and there is A LOT more technology in a '16 compared to '13.
redass1876
AG
So is the idea that the MSRP in 2013 was well more inflated than it is now? I figured $x or y% off MSRP was a pretty good standard to go off with the same company

And isn't 2016 the last of its generation with the new transmissions out now?
Corps_Ag12
AG
That red one doesn't have a built in brake controller like the silver one does, just FYI.

A trailer tow package is a mute point if you can't control the trailer brakes.
mm98
AG
Yes and no.

New 10spd on the 2017 is 3.5 Boost only.

The 5.0, 2.7, and NA3.5 still have 6spd.
The Wonderer
AG
redass1876 said:

So is the idea that the MSRP in 2013 was well more inflated than it is now? I figured $x or y% off MSRP was a pretty good standard to go off with the same company

And isn't 2016 the last of its generation with the new transmissions out now?
I think the 10 speed is slated for across the board implementation for the 2018 refresh.
redass1876
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

That red one doesn't have a built in brake controller like the silver one does, just FYI.

There aren't set gains for the electric brakes?

My current truck has the little panel for it. And not necessarily a moot point because it comes with the engine oil cooler too which is a nice thing to have
The Wonderer
AG
redass1876 said:

Corps_Ag12 said:

There aren't set gains for the electric brakes?

My current truck has the little panel for it. And not necessarily a moot point because it comes with the engine oil cooler too which is a nice thing to have
No, you can adjust the gain through the + and - buttons to the left and right of the slide brake.
redass1876
AG
I can do that on my current truck, but CorpsAg was saying it doesn't have that control on just the Trailer Tow Package ones
The Wonderer
AG
redass1876 said:

I can do that on my current truck, but CorpsAg was saying it doesn't have that control on just the Trailer Tow Package ones
Included with the Max Tow Package on the 2016. It is an option on the standard trailer tow package.

You can also install it after the fact like I did. About a $400 IIRC and an hour to install. The harness is already there, just pull apart the dash and plug-and-play.

Direct from the 2016 brochure:
Quote:

Trailer Tow Package (optional on all trims; required for towing up to 11,100 lbs.) includes 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness, Class IV trailer hitch receiver, Smart Trailer Tow Connector, Pro Trailer Backup Assist, auxiliary transmission oil cooler, and upgraded front stabilizer bar

Max. Trailer Tow Package (optional on all trims; required for towing up to 12,200 lbs.; requires 3.5L EcoBoost engine) includes 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness, Class IV trailer hitch receiver, Smart Trailer Tow Connector, Pro Trailer Backup Assist, auxiliary transmission oil cooler, 3.55 electronic locking rear axle, trailer brake controller, and upgraded front stabilizer bar and rear bumper
Corps_Ag12
AG
Though neither of the trucks in his desired price range are Max Tow Packages.
redass1876
AG
Max tow is only on the 3.5L i believe.

I have that on my current 2013; don't really need two trucks with it
The Wonderer
AG
redass1876 said:

Max tow is only on the 3.5L i believe.

I have that on my current 2013; don't really need two trucks with it
Correct, it is only available with the EcoBoost motor.
AgKSig
Not to hijack this thread but posing a question along the same lines.
Has anyone actually towed with the Ecoboost engines. I have a Bruton low pro stock trailer that is 3k lbs. I have no worries with the V8 but I am curious the longevity with the Ecoboost engines.
"jefe what is a plethora?"
-Three Amigos

"rewind ese rewind"
redass1876
AG
I sold my 2010 5.4L for my 2013 3.5L Ecoboost with Max Tow Package.

The 3.5L tows better. I have towed ~7500-8000 pounds with it and outside of it pulling me around a little, I had no issue. Power was definitely no issue. Transmission temp never really climbed either
redass1876
AG
BeastmodeAg said:

BOOM!!

2016 F150 XLT Crew Cab with 302A package and 13 miles on it for $28,200. No tow package but other truck has it

Thanks for the tips. CorpsAgs posts made good bargaining tools

Corps_Ag12
AG
Rule 1 is required immediately!

You're welcome
AgKSig
how many miles are you putting on your ecoboost. So far it looks like everyone is trading them off before putting a lot of miles on them.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
What comes with the 302A package?
AirplaneAg09
AG
I think the main thing is the bigger infotainment screen than in the 301A.
redass1876
AG
Only have 70,000 miles on the truck right now. Plan on going another 2 years. Also my work driver for a sales job so have to stay relatively new. Pic coming
redass1876
AG

302A has remote start, heated seats, infotainment (as previously stated), power rear window, chrome package, 18" wheels instead of 17", lighted truck bed (2 at rear of truck), 110V plug,

Decent amount extra stuff.

Cool thing i didn't know about was that the tailgate locks with the keys. Not sure if that is all packages or not, but my 2013 doesn't do that and stealing tailgates seems to be popular now
The Wonderer
AG
Tailgates have locked for a loooong time. My 2002 tailgate was lockable as is my 2010.

If you want extra protection on the tailgate, use a hose clamp around the passenger side hinge so that can't just grab and go.
redass1876
AG
Yours locks with your key fob?

My 2013, 2010, and 2002 did not
The Wonderer
AG
You said keys, not key fob.

I did not know about the key fob locking ability.
redass1876
AG
Sorry, poor communication i guess. Yes, it locks/unlocks with the key fob. It is a nice feature
Corps_Ag12
AG
Did you trade in said 2013?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.