Airbag recall

752 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Fife
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just found out I've had a recall on my 2010 Silverado since May. Called the dealership to schedule a time for service and they told me the parts are unavailable. Anyone dealt with this issue yet? Can't fathom there's still nothing available over 6 months since the initial recall came out
EMY92
AG
Have you not seen the news about the airbag recalls? Tens of millions of airbags have been recalled and they aren't coming close to producing enough to replace them.
Jock 07
AG
I have but the dealer made it sound like that they haven't made any replacements at all yet.
Dumpster Fire
Got my notification for my wife's Honda pilot in July. Called often and finally was able to get hers replaced in October.

It does take a while
harge57
AG
Jock 07 said:

I have but the dealer made it sound like that they haven't made any replacements at all yet.

They are prioritizing vehicles where the issue is on the driver side and in the south because heat is part of the issue. I think they said it will take years to catch up.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Notice in July
Called in Nov
Replaced in Nov

They took the whole dash out so I got a bunch of new squeaks and rattles free of charge.
The Fife
2010 VW CC, registered and operated in coastal South Carolina. Received recall notice this spring for driver side airbag

Still no parts, don't call us, we'll call you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.