What is this? (Very old Packard question)

3 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by La Fours
Waltonloads08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was taking down some old cabinets my garage (1955 build), and this was in the wall:

What is it?

https://postimg.org/image/4i9s13xaf
Complete Idiot

Closest I could find. Obviously an identification badge off a Packard car or car part, wish I could figure out year and what the 605 represents. Would be cool if it was a car and you could trace Packard records to year and model.
SA-AG72
AG
Could be an Packard employee I.D. Badge.
CanyonAg77
AG
Key chain?

coppag92
AG
Reminds me of a label plate off of a locker and that is locker number. Maybe?

I just think if it was any type of production number or id plate for car part, it would have a mfr/prod date and/or serial number listed on it as well.
Complete Idiot
Definitely not an ID plate for a car, but perhaps an engine block or some other subpart. I tried to post a photo earlier, but it didn't like the link to a google image search result. I found two very similar badges but not identical, one looked the same but all words were across the top.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I just showed this to a friend of mine that is a big Packard collector who will show it to the folks at the next packard club meeting.

He has a cherry Packard Super 8 that I got to drive when I was in LA in 2013.
This is a daily driver....

Waltonloads08
AG
coppag92 said:

Reminds me of a label plate off of a locker and that is locker number. Maybe?

I just think if it was any type of production number or id plate for car part, it would have a mfr/prod date and/or serial number listed on it as well.

Ah, now that might make sense. I'm sure employees at the Packard plant had lockers, I wonder if the former owner of my house worked there or maybe their father did.

Yeah I'd find a way to ask but he passed many years ago.
hatchback
AG
The "Sales Co." language has me thinking it might have come from a locker or other equipment at a dealership.
La Fours
AG
That's just a penny from the machine at Cracker Barrel that you pay $2.01 and you get back a ruined penny.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.