2001 Ford F250, 7.3 4x4 FS

3,741 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by schmellba99
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Updated with pictures!

Welp, I broke down and bought a new truck yesterday, so my venerable old F250 is going up for sale. It's still a good truck with a lot of life left - it's just "old". Would make a great work truck, ranch truck, deer lease truck, first truck for a kid, etc.

Runs great, interior is in excellent shape (Lariat model to boot), exterior is in pretty good shape for a 16 year old vehicle - has a couple of small dings on the paint here and there, but no major dents or any body work required.

Mileage is high - 411k. No major work done to the engine, has a new water pump, new batteries. Transmission was rebuilt with upgraded shifters and valves about 50k miles ago and has run exceptionally well since the rebuild. Tires are in good shape - 50% of tread (+/-). No DEF required. Dual front shocks, shocks front and back are all new. All u-joints (front and back shafts) are new, and the needle bearing on the front double u-joint is new as well. I replaced the auto hubs with Warn manual locking hubs a long time ago when the vacuum system that locks the hubs in went bad (not unusual for Ford apparently).

It's an extended cab (4 door, but the back doors are the suicide type), tan interior leather seats (captain chairs up front, bench in the rear), has carpet but I have floor mats front and back and under seat storage for the back seat. Has an older diamond plate aluminum tool box (no Big Ben stories with this one, nor will there be...) and a drop in bed liner. Hide-A-Ball gooseneck ball, towing package, trailer brakes. K&N filter, I've always used Royal Purple oil and have been pretty religious about maintenance (I like to think that's why it has lasted as long as it has). Gets about 15.5mpg in town, around 18-19 on the highway if you don't drive like a maniac.

No pics right now, just seeing if there is any interest here. I will need to clean it up good and what not before I put for sale pictures up.

Blue book on it is just shy of $9k. I'd be negotiable. Will get it cleaned up and what not and get some pics over the next couple of days.

Located in Houston area.

Complete Idiot
Should have taken it to half a million.

411k is impressive
The Wonderer
AG
411k?!

Hat tip to you, good sir
schmellba99
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Should have taken it to half a million.

411k is impressive
Trust me, it crossed my mind more than once. But it was just time for me to get something new - like my wife said, a new truck every 10 years isn't a bad thing.
Agmechanic
AG
Might be interested. Get some pics up
a gmechanic 01@gma i l (no spaces)
schmellba99
AG
Agmechanic said:

Might be interested. Get some pics up
Will do. I need to take it to a car wash tonight and get it prettied up and what not, then i'll load pics.
Corps_Ag12
AG
I may need a haul truck soon. I'd like some pictures as well.

kburj21 at gmail dot com
Presley OBannons Sword
CDUB98
AG
Automatic.
Guitarsoup
AG
CDUB98 said:

Automatic.
He should just admit he doesn't know how to drive stick.
schmellba99
AG
Guitarsoup said:

CDUB98 said:

Automatic.
Incorrect. I went from stick to auto when I bought it because the majority of my driving was in city type conditions and I just got tired of a standard.

HTMFH. TIA. Toodles.
CDUB98
Guitarsoup
AG
schmellba99 said:

Guitarsoup said:

CDUB98 said:

Automatic.
Incorrect. I went from stick to auto when I bought it because the majority of my driving was in city type conditions and I just got tired of a standard.

HTMFH. TIA. Toodles.
Referencing another current thread. Do you even Texags, Bro?
schmellba99
AG
Apparently not.
Agmechanic
AG
What about them pics?
schmellba99
AG
Probably wont get them taken until Sat morning. Too much stuff going on and this craptastic time change means its dark about the time I get home.

I did run it through the car wash last night, still cleans up pretty good.
Agmechanic
AG
Niice
Chetos
AG
Awesome trucks.... I got two 7.3's....love them! Stupid question....how did you know when your auto hubs went out? Any signs other than you could not spin the front wheels when in 4wd?

Oh...and how did you keep your seats in such good shape?
schmellba99
AG
I noticed when my mileage started dropping and when unusual vibrations started when i got up to highway speeds. My hubs failed locked in, so i was spinning my front axle even in 2wd.

Looked into it and they are vacuum driven, and once you develop a leak in the vacuum system they will stay in whatever mode they are in when the leak develops. Warn bubs are easy to put on and very reliable.
schmellba99
AG
Bump
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.