Need some brighter headlight bulbs

2,951 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Superdave1993
ReloadAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My 2008 Honda Pilot headlights suck even after replacing the bulbs. Can yall recommend some brighter bulbs?
Wildmen03
AG
Have you tried replacing your headlight fluid with synthetic?
TecRecAg
AG
Wildmen03 said:

Have you tried replacing your headlight fluid with synthetic?
Glad we were able to wrap this thread up so quickly.
Walter Kovacs
AG
ReloadAg said:

My 2008 Honda Pilot headlights suck even after replacing the bulbs. Can yall recommend some brighter bulbs?
What did you replace them with and are your headlights cloudy?
BeastmodeAg
AG
HIDs

TexasAggie2006
AG
Diodedynamics.com
mts6175
AG
Sylvania ZXE's
permabull
AG
The Wonderer
AG
HIDs and aim your headlights down after replacement to reduce the glare.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Bruh.....

The Wonderer
AG
1agswitchin4lanes said:

Bruh.....

**** The dick heads that drive with these on in traffic. When they interior of my cab looks like ****ing daylight, your **** is too bright.
Naveronski
AG
The Wonderer said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Bruh.....

**** The dick heads that drive with these on in traffic. When they interior of my cab looks like ****ing daylight, your **** is too bright.

IIRC, they're illegal to use on road. Off-road use only, or some such wording.
The Wonderer
AG
Naveronski said:

The Wonderer said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Bruh.....

IIRC, they're illegal to use on road. Off-road use only, or some such wording.
Correct, but douchbags in Houston don't care. I had a guy in a bro-dozer turn his 3' light bar on behind me one night when it was raining. Literally illuminated my entire cabin and I couldn't see anything behind me as he flooded out all three rear facing mirrors.
Naveronski
AG
Sounds like a cool guy.

Sucks, though.
The Wonderer
AG
Worst part: he couldn't tell when I was on my brakes, probably because my red lenses on my red truck all look the same color under his artificial daylight.

I was finally able to change lanes and allowed him to pass and then got behind him and turned on my HID high beams. Funny how that pissed him off...
Wildmen03
AG
I see them a lot in Katy, mostly high school kids before sun up on my way to work. If I was a cop, I'd park along the feeder road near 1463 and ticket a few kids a day for easy revenue.
Naveronski
AG
Call local PD's non emergency line and complain?
Wildmen03
AG
We have, they ignore it. I talked to a buddy of mine with the city PD and he says they have a priority list for what gets attention and lights are way down the list.

They pretty much said that during that time school zone enforcement gets priority.
Superdave1993
AG
... or mount a couple of LED backup lights with a separate switch to give them a quick reminder. This may be my next project, because the 'neck truck revolution is in full swing in Arkansas.

Can't help on the headlight reccomendation, but check the prices on new aftermarket housings if yours are faded. Sometimes they are worth the price over the time and effort to wet sand and polish the old ones.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.