Out with the old...in with the new...

10,793 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aggieforester05
agracer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
red one going away tomorrow...owned it for 13 years and kinda sad to see it go...but I got a good replacement.
Guitarsoup
TSW2012
AG
Why didn't you buy something cool?
EMY92
AG
Come back when you get something *****n' like a Prius!

Guitarsoup
AG
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Does it have a booooost?
BigRobSA
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Does it have a booooost?
I do now.
longeryak
quote:
Does it have a booooost?
I think you meant when is the LS swap?
Mookie
AG
Do you know how many ****ing mustangs you could have bought instead?!?!?!
Token
AG
Damn, that's so badass. I hope to be able to own a Ferrari before I turn 40. Got 11 years
512Ag
AG
There's really only one way to get rid of the old one.

TSW2012
AG
quote:

dlp3719
AG
Just in case anyone doesn't know where the above shirt came from.

dlp3719
AG
quote:
Damn, that's so badass. I hope to be able to own a Ferrari before I turn 40. Got 11 years

Don't get married. Don't have kids. Or my guess is you will need to own your own business to make the money needed.
dlp3719
AG
CONGRATS Agracer. You have made good choices in life.
Buck Compton
AG
Dont have kids but get married to someone else with a six figure income. Make smart investments. No need to own your own business though.
Guitarsoup
AG

quote:
Make smart investments.

Like buy a 308 10+ years ago when they were at the bottom of the depreciation curve, then wait for it to go up.
The Fife
The new one looks almost huge compared to the old. Was the old one just that small, or is this more representative of how much all cars have grown over the last 30 years?
agracer
AG
quote:
2.5 V6's and 1.25 Shelby Gt's.......and they're worth less the moment I drive them off the lot...the Ferrari, well, I basically stole it so it's worth more now than I paid for it. For some reason the 6sp manual's are commanding a 20% premium.
agracer
AG
quote:

quote:
Make smart investments.

Like buy a 308 10+ years ago when they were at the bottom of the depreciation curve, then wait for it to go up.
Well, adding up all I put into it, I would have a lot more today if I just invested it 13 years ago. Really the value stayed pretty flat for 10-years and shot up in late 2014.
sts7049
AG
damn, looks like i got out whataburgered.

beautiful ride!
agracer
AG
quote:
The new one looks almost huge compared to the old. Was the old one just that small, or is this more representative of how much all cars have grown over the last 30 years?
It really is a lot larger than the old one. The wheelbase and overall length is ~10" longer, 3" taller, 8" wider....but ~180 more BHP. You're going 80 before you know it.

Really happy with the color. I decided the new one would be "not red" since I did that already. My wife actually was a little miff'd with me b/c I was not getting red "You've told me for 25-years Ferrari's are RED!!!". I didn't like yellow on the 360 and black was out. I saw a Grigio Allow 355 that I really liked the look of so I decided to look for that color and found this one by chance. Worked a deal over the phone, had it inspected, flew to CA to test drive, wired the money and it was delivered ~ a month ago. My wife got home from work after it was delivered, walked in the garage, stared at if for a few minutes and said "WOW, that looks awesome"....Everyone who's seen it like the color and I think it look fantastic on the car.

I actually wanted a 355, but after talking to several owners they all agreed that the 355 is an incredible car, but be ready to write lots of checks to keep it running. Several 360 owners I've talked with said it was one of the most reliable cars they've ever owned (I just jinxed myself right there didn't I!)

The old one sold last week so it's going away. It was a great adventure, lots of bruised knuckles, good times with my youngest under the car with me*, but it was time to move on. I've done a lot of work to it but at 39 yrs old, the work is never done. The new one has good maintenance records and the inspection revealed only a few small items that I've already taken care of.

* Youngest asked me once when he was about 5 "what would happen if you and mom died?"...after a 5m explanation of how things would be and who he would live with in solemn dad serious tones...he immediately follows up with "But what happens to the Ferrari?"....
BBQ4Me
AG
Cracks in the driveway. WNB
Burdizzo
AG
quote:
quote:

Holy crap, I want one.
Duncan Idaho
I have one. It is a mixed bag of reactions when I wear it.
powerbiscuit
quote:

* Youngest asked me once when he was about 5 "what would happen if you and mom died?"...after a 5m explanation of how things would be and who he would live with in solemn dad serious tones...he immediately follows up with "But what happens to the Ferrari?"....

awesome
The Wonderer
AG
quote:

Raising 'em right!
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
Make smart investments.

Well, adding up all I put into it, I would have a lot more today if I just invested it 13 years ago. Really the value stayed pretty flat for 10-years and shot up in late 2014.
Yeah, but you wouldn't have had a Ferrari.

That paint and interior job you did could not have been cheap.
agracer
AG
quote:
quote:

Don't get married. Don't have kids. Or my guess is you will need to own your own business to make the money needed.
nope, nope, nope....I put less $$ in my 308 than most people pay for F150's these days....
03_Aggie
Have a buddy that had that color with tan interior and paddle shift. Fun car that he ended up trading it off for a 430 Scuderia.
agracer
AG
quote:
Have a buddy that had that color with tan interior and paddle shift. Fun car that he ended up trading it off for a 430 Scuderia.
Seen a few, heard about how fantastic they are. Epic is the word frequently used...

I did get to drive a 458 last year...that F1 transmission makes the 360 like a toy. I did drive a 360 with a paddle shift and was not impressed. Glad I found and got a manual.
KY AG
AG
Congrats, agracer.

So...it's blue...or silver?
EMY92
AG
quote:
You might want to lock your bedroom door at night.
agracer
AG
quote:
Congrats, agracer.

So...it's blue...or silver?
Yes
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.