Discount Tire on eBay - $100 off $400

5,297 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dubi
Aggietaco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FYI, Discount Tire Direct is offering their $100 off $400 deal on eBay again. Will work with additional manufacturer rebates as well.

http://stores.ebay.com/Discount-Tire-Direct

But even after discount, the tires I've been shopping for are more expensive than they were 5 weeks ago for some reason.

Walter Kovacs
AG
hmm, for what i'm looking for the discount nets 40 bucks off the local b&m. not bad but not a screaming deal.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Interesting.

SO once you get them can you go to the store and get them installed free or can you add that to the purchase?

I havent dealt with DT in over 15 years. Always used my Firestone hookup, or bought from my wholesaler and paid the llanteria to install them.
aggieforester05
AG
Great timing, they just installed $1400 worth of tires on my truck yesterday.
Silvy
AG
quote:

I havent dealt with DT in over 15 years.

Liar
dubi
AG
quote:
SO once you get them can you go to the store and get them installed free or can you add that to the purchase?

I just printed the online discount tire deal and brought it into the store for price matching.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
quote:
quote:

I havent dealt with DT in over 15 years.

Liar
I feel like that was a deal with YOU, not DT...
Silvy
AG
I sell tyre and tyre accessories
Post removed:
by user
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Costco has $70 off every month. It's not all tires but it switches between BFG and Michelin each month. This month is Michelin I believe.
dubi
AG
quote:
That worked? That would be perfect for my wife to do since I'm it of the country.
Worked perfectly. Manager was super nice about it.

I bought new tires for Speedy and Tundra with the "online" prices and going to the retail store.
dubi
AG
quote:
Costco has $70 off every month. It's not all tires but it switches between BFG and Michelin each month. This month is Michelin I believe.

If you get expensive tires, the $100 off $400 is better----use it for each pair of tires.

I spend $1,000 for 4 tires and got $200 off.
Post removed:
by user
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
quote:
quote:

If you get expensive tires, the $100 off $400 is better----use it for each pair of tires.

Good point. I'm just looking at putting new LTX MS2's on my truck. Just looked at both options...Costco was about $60 cheaper (that's after adding the $15 install fee).
mustang6tee8
AG
mustang6tee8
AG
quote:
quote:

That's what I'm going to do.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Its cheaper to buy them in my local DT than with that discount in OP. Interesting.
dubi
AG
quote:
Its cheaper to buy them in my local DT than with that discount in OP. Interesting.
In our case the online price was cheaper but this was more than a year ago.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:

Yes DT had really started playing games with their eBay store. Some are cheaper others are raised then "discounted".
Aggietaco
AG
Pricing for me, buying in pairs, is about the same as the Costco price on a set of BFG TA KO's. But, like I said, still worse than Discount's advertised price at the end of July.

dubi
AG
quote:
Pricing for me, buying in pairs, is about the same as the Costco price on a set of BFG TA KO's. But, like I said, still worse than Discount's advertised price at the end of July.

CS doesn't have a Costco. :-(
Silvy
AG
Prices can vary from store to store
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
Prices can vary from store to store
Any tips as to what percentage a manager is willing to take off of a list price that is about 20% less than MSRP? I would assume they'd at least come down to their list price from 6 weeks back, but maybe there were mfr rebates going or something?
Silvy
AG
You can check the site for rebates.

Discounts that a manager is willing to do will vary from tire model to tire model. Sometimes even size will factor in. If a store has had an odd sized tire in stock for a while, they may sell it low to get it out of stock.

When I was there, Yokohama and Cooper were the tires we could discount the most. The more expensive brands will usually be the brands you can get a bigger discount on.
Rexter
Every time I have priced Discount Dirext, the tires are more than the local store. I have had success getting them to match internet prices. Last week I decided to go back to BFG ATKO2s. They were $1614 otd. I found the tires for $1152 shipped with no tax. Adding certs and LT balancing brought it to $1445. The asst mgr matched that, and then told me to wait til the weekend to buy to get a $100 BFG rebate and open a Care Card and get a $60 rebate. Ended up $1285 otd.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
dubi
AG
quote:
im so pissed off at discount tire right now.

i found the tires i want her to get online, had her go to the store with the printed out banner from their website and ask about using that on a set of tires.

the people at the store told her that that was only good for wheels AND tires. then they lied to her and told her that the manufacturer mail in rebate was not good on the tires we want which is a BLATANT LIE and then proceeded to try and sell her some other tires that were much more. Seems like an obvious case of trying to take advantage of a woman to me. im steaming.

Have her call the store manager then regional manager for help.

I am female and didn't have any trouble.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Bumping this one./

eBay with Discount Tire Direct is offering $100 off orders $400 or more with coupon code PTIRES18 [Exp 10/28]. Good for wheels and tires; coupon can be used up to two times per eBay account.

https://www.ebay.com/rpp/67626
10andBOUNCE
AG
Remind me again how this works at your local discount store? Do I buy the tires through ebay and have them shipped to the store? I can't remember if I did this before, but the store may have price matched.

Thanks for bumping!
dubi
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

Remind me again how this works at your local discount store? Do I buy the tires through ebay and have them shipped to the store? I can't remember if I did this before, but the store may have price matched.

Thanks for bumping!
I asked my local store to price match last time I did this.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.