Hidden treasures

164,339 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by WatchOle
BlackGoldAg2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fwiw Wikipedia doesn't have that name listed as either a verified or a reported super centenarian
AggieBQ03
AG
How does he have a Spirit Tag and an Association Tag? That may be the strangest thing of all.
McGibblets
AG
Don't **** with TexAgs
Charpie
AG
quote:
How does he have a Spirit Tag and an Association Tag? That may be the strangest thing of all.
If you donate the association, you get the tag once you are verified.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
Association tag = donating to the association.

Spirit tag = probably showed his AFS page where he was a diamond donor and got it.
Bismarck
AG
quote:
Who wants to fact check this, if possible?

quote:
My family settled in what is now Brazos county in 1833, my great great Grandfather Samuel B. "Grandsir" Barnes, and his nine sons and their families came out by wagon from Iredell County N.C. They were sharecroppers that came out west to get some free land of their own, instead of working for a small share of the crop and not owning the land in which they lived on.

They settled out on what is now known as DIlly Shaw Tap Rd on the edge of where the town of Kurten now is. Boonville was the main borough on the Austin Colonies, what is now what we know as BCS. Each Soon received a section of land via Spanish Land Grant for pledging their allegiance to the Republic Militia. Those nine section still makeup the Dairy out on Dilly Shaw Tap Rd that is still in family operation today. My great Grandfather Frederick Whitfield Barnes and his 8 brothers fought in numerous skirmishes. My Great grandfather was wounded in the skirmish on the Sabine, when they were defending the port area at the mouth. Supplies were brought in at the mouth of the Sabine and Buffalo Bayou often and had to be protected. His life was saved from his wound, due to a farrier hammer he carried in his ruck, because he was a blacksmith. The lead ball left the impression of the hammer head in his back, and was still there when he died years later, from old age, he was reportedly 118.

http://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2604017/2
Other than the bizarre story about a hammer head impression lasting at least 50 years, it's pretty easy to debunk the statement about the Spanish Land Grant. If they arrived in 1833, Texas was part of Mexico and you wouldn't get a Spanish Land Grant from the Mexican government. Spain, a monarchy, especially wouldn't have wanted to issue land grants to people pledging allegiance to a republican militia.
RogueAg
AG
HO-LEE CRAP!

How did I miss all of this today... until now.

This is LEGEND-........ wait for it................ DARY!
Nomad
AG
This guy scares me.
Angry Beaver
AG
quote:
You just have to throw some money at The Association
Mr. McGibblets
AG
quote:
This guy scares me.
Don't be skeered
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
This guy scares me.
We should be the ones that scare you. Look at what we did in just one afternoon to this guy.
Motel California
S
Im just here for the gang bang
Bitter Old Man
gwellis
AG
This makes me sad. Got suckered in by a freaking troll.

Dammit!

What has the world come to?
Gil '91
good nuggets
AG
MFB - "Hey you guys check out muh new ride!!!

Texags - "Seems Legit"

plowboy1065
S
Since I have a Spirit Tag, doesn't that mean it's legit for me to add whatever year behind my name?
Motel California
S
I've always wanted a classic Vette. Is this where I post?
Ramrod
AG
quote:
This makes me sad. Got suckered in by a freaking troll.

Dammit!

What has the world come to?
Wouldn't consider this a troll; more a flat out liar and impostor.
txag11
AG
Dude is a sociopath holy ****.
Zemira
AG
And I really liked the recruiting letter.
bkag9824
AG
How I feel about this thread:

CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
And I really liked the recruiting letter.

He only reported the letter. An Ag found it in his late grandads stuff. I think it's legit. And as stated here often, some of his schtick might be true.
DDSO
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
What the f***ing f***?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Crob1386
AG
Mother of God.... Following.

This should be the next Catfish episode. How are people this crazy?
RangerRick9211
AG
quote:
Guitar beat me to it. The ring looks photoshopped to me
Ring isn't shopped. Neither are his three super bowl rings:

https://instagr.am/p/h6i-Cqjncp
good nuggets
AG
gigemJTH12
AG
if youe late to the party, there are 3 threads linked in this OP where he lied out his ass.

http://texags.com/forums/25/topics/2611038
Dill-Ag13
AG
it only gets better
TwoMarksHand
AG
Between Cave with a View and mfbarnes82
quote:
Me: "Are you gonna come back and actually give an explanation for all your lies and bull****, or are you going to just go radio silent and attempt to steal money from all those hard working Aggies?

If that GoFundMe is legit, then fine. Normally you'd get the benefit of the doubt, but you lost all respect anyone had for you after your repeated fabrications of essentially every aspect of your life. I truly hope that money is actually for the family, and you'll be turning it over to them. Otherwise, you're no true Aggie and should be ashamed of yourself. Just as an FYI, GoFundMe has been alerted to the issue at hand, and they will be investigating further. If it is discovered that you created that GoFundMe under false pretenses, you're looking at felony jail time.

So, what's your move *******?"

Him: "First off the GoFund is absolutely legit.

I haven't been on TA for several days I've been working out on a perf and frac job and haven't been on any social media in days. As a matter of fact I just had to get a password reset because for some reason my password has changed and could log in. I guess I have to catch up with wtf all the ruckus is about.

As far as ******* **** you"

Me: "Well if that's truly the case, then I would highly suggest you head over to Premium and provide some bonafides on the GoFundMe thread to prove you're not full of **** like you have been about every other interesting thing that you've posted on this site...And that's just for starters. "Workshop Thread" on the OB and "Hidden Treasures" on the Auto Board should be your next two stops.

I personally can't possibly believe that you haven't been on TA in "several days" as you were posting on multiple threads as recently as this morning, including the GoFundMe thread. So you're telling me someone hacked your account in the last few days and continued posting in the exact same style as you up until right now? Okay buddy."

Waiting to hear back.
link
Motel California
S
It's like a bad STD.. it just keeps on giving
Dill-Ag13
AG
Outdoor Board has some serious gold
CATAGBQ04
AG
Soooo...that chick is his wife?
Bird Dog
AG
I found his photobucket account, with this same pic, EXCEPT NO RING! Haha

Guitarsoup

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.