Can a paper plate number be tracked?

26,789 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
BCO07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know you guys have a reputation for this kind of thing, so here's a shot in the dark.

My wife was side swiped by a vehicle today by somebody with no licence or insurance and paper plates that expire on 3/22. They did mention that they just bought the vehicle today which is consistent with the expiration date. In order to buy it there has to be insurance so I'm trying to track down what buy here pay here lot it was bought from and what insurance info they gave.

The vehicle is a 06 Mazda tribute with a paper licence of 31j6185.

Any way to track this down? Thanks for any help
aggiepaintrain
AG
Sure they can

SELECTION REQUEST: TEMPORARY TAG 31J6185

TEMPORARY TAG: 31J6185 VALID:2015/01/21 00:00:00--2015/03/22 00:00:00
YR:2006 MAK:MAZDA MODL:TRI STYL:SUV
VIN: 4F2YZ02Z96KM12385 COLOR: GRAY

BUYER TEMPORARY TAG
NAME: JOSE REYES,4928 BORDEN DRIVE,4928 BORDEN DRIVE,FORT WORTH,TX,76116

BCO07
AG
wow, thank you. is there a way to tell what lot sold it today?
Mookie
AG
This board kicks so much ass all the time.
BCO07
AG
quote:
This board kicks so much ass all the time.
with the notable exception of the zoo, texags my be one of the best things the internet has going
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Cops can.
p_bubel
quote:
Cops can.
No kidding.

Threads like these always make me chuckle.
BCO07
AG
quote:
quote:
Cops can.
No kidding.

Threads like these always make me chuckle.
its been my experience that i'll never hear from the cops again, thus im trying to get it handled myself. dont really know where to start, so i tried here.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
1. File Police REport
2. File claim with ins. co
3. Supply ins co with police report/case number
4. Let ins co handle via uninsured motorsts
5. Enjoy your fixed car/let ins co subrogate.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
NAME: JOSE REYES
Shocking...
ILikeTacos
AG
quote:
quote:
NAME: JOSE REYES
Shocking...
SJ1987
aggiepaintrain said:

Sure they can

SELECTION REQUEST: TEMPORARY TAG 31J6185

TEMPORARY TAG: 31J6185 VALID:2015/01/21 00:00:00--2015/03/22 00:00:00
YR:2006 MAK:MAZDA MODL:TRI STYL:SUV
VIN: 4F2YZ02Z96KM12385 COLOR: GRAY

BUYER TEMPORARY TAG
NAME: JOSE REYES,4928 BORDEN DRIVE,4928 BORDEN DRIVE,FORT WORTH,TX,76116

Hi! I know this is three years later and a long shot but this literally just happened to me tonight. I've been searching forums looking for answers and have came up dry. I was wondering if you could help me. The vehicle was a Mercedes Benz van (2006 merz) champagne colored with the temporary tags 09W6618 which expire Feb 04 2019. If no one can look it up then maybe just some tips on how to find out the driver's information? Please and thank you in advance
TitanAGGIE09
AG
Like before it can be pulled, but the boards going to need more details for why before providing this information. Rookie.. no AG tag etc. you're going to have a tough time. Given you have the information you could also just file a police report and contact your insurance.
Chris8819
Hey y'all this is a long shot but this happened to me this weekend really late at night, the guy gave me his name and name and number said we'd get it all straight in the morning but of course due to people just not having integrity nowadays, he won't answer my calls but I have his paper tag 54510P8 2014 Ford
F150 purchased from Coast to Coast Auto Group that's on the picture I took. His name is Hector , if y'all could help I'd really appreciate anything , Thanks!
hatchback
AG
Given the rampant fraud that's now being committed with paper plates and buy-here pay-here used dealers, I doubt you'll be able to track this guy down.
Thebird444
Hey people if you could please please help me... a black Dodge Ram extended cab 1500 spray painted Matt black with a temp tag L1331691 tried to run me over then hit my car TWICE and totaled it. I had a witness on the scene... I've been building this car for the past 2 years I have so so much time in this car ... I just want the people caught who tried to literally kill me with there truck. Nothing will pop up when I try to look it up. Please help me out guys
txyaloo
AG
Thebird444 said:

Hey people if you could please please help me... a black Dodge Ram extended cab 1500 spray painted Matt black with a temp tag L1331691 tried to run me over then hit my car TWICE and totaled it. I had a witness on the scene... I've been building this car for the past 2 years I have so so much time in this car ... I just want the people caught who tried to literally kill me with there truck. Nothing will pop up when I try to look it up. Please help me out guys
Did you call the police? Seems like that would be the prudent response if they tried to kill you and totaled your car.
t-shirt fan
Was this in TX? If so, TX doesn't have 8 character plates.

Thebird444 said:

Thebird444
No it happened in Indiana.. I was going through and saw this thread trying to see if anyone can help. We are really close. Have the report and got the vin from the temp tag 3d7ku28d04g128777 correct temp tag is L133691 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 I have a meeting tmw with the police officer that made the report to hopefully see if they have found anything.
Thebird444
I'm sorry just now saw this. After I chased them I was i told by the police to go back to the scene to make a report and a report was made edit : I have liability so if we can't find the truck then I'm screwed out of my car :/
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Did you just find this thread randomly on google or do you normally hang out on Texags?
Thebird444
I've been on the forums a few different times for dif things , never had an actual account tho. I've used this site a lot over the past couple years. Here's images of my car

The Fife
Nobody f*ks with a Del Sol. Get a rope!
Thebird444
I'm literally the nicest kid ever.. never been in trouble. Besides speeding tickets. I worked 6-7 days a week to get that car where it was.. all original when I got it papers from everything since it's been off the lot.
The Fife
That sucks, FWIW I definitely wouldn't let insurance keep it. There are too many good parts that could be transferred over to another one, not to mention appearance items are probably getting hard to find for these.
Furlock Bones
AG
Very sorry to hear that.
Thebird444
If anyone can please help insurance is claiming nothing is coming up for the vin yet I bought a Carfax report on it and it was registered to a new owner with a title number yet she claims she can't get anything. Yet the vin is now linked to the accident On 7/5/2020 on the vin report. Here's what I have found. And found where it was bought from hare Chevrolet Noblesville. I gave the police this info but did nothing ..

HarleeQuinn
Seems I've run into the same issue with being hit by someone who doesn't "have insurance" as well Any help please TX TAG 81721K8 EXP DATE OCT 03 2020

Thanks!
EMY92
AG
If they have paper plates and no insurance, it is very likely that the tags are fake. Won't lead anywhere.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
HarleeQuinn said:

Seems I've run into the same issue with being hit by someone who doesn't "have insurance" as well Any help please TX TAG 81721K8 EXP DATE OCT 03 2020

Thanks!
File a police report and ask them to trace it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.