Car Shipping Recommendations?

3,359 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Z100
Curios Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just did a search and couldn't find any discussions on the forum...

Just so many companies/brokers/op-owners and reviews are just all over the place for all of them.

Moving an SUV from Portland to Midland.
Priced it on uship.com and got prices from $1250-$1650.

Anybody have any recommendations for a carrier or company to work with?

Much appreciated.
Silvy
AG
I could be of assistance if you wanted to put it on a ship
drewser95
AG
Might get a quote from this place too, just for comparison purposes:

Dependable Auto Shippers

A former boss once had an old Porsche delivered there , and he had no complaints. It might be cheaper for you to have it shipped to their Dallas (Mesquite) terminal, and just take a flight from Midland to Dallas Love to pick it up.
aggiepaintrain
AG
DAS was awful when I used them.
Uship is a good choice
Fairview
AG
I just moved from Houston to Colorado and had three cars shipped. I researched forever and saw terrible things about uship. I went with a highly rated company called Montway auto transport. Like uship it's a broker that sells deals from shippers so it's hit or miss who you get.

My pickup was fine but from there went downhill. They take forever to deliver (picked up 12/26 delivered 1/6 (at 1:30 AM)) and that was on a three car trailer. They assured me once the cars were on they would not come off the trailer until delivery.

Not so much. Cars were on a different trailer in a different order. Wife's car had a flat tire and someone was riding in the passenger seat of my porsche Macan so I know they were messing around in it. There were a bunch of other issues including no one hearing from the shipper for two days.

If I were to do it over again I would book directly with the company shipping it and better yet an independent driver directly.

Good luck. There are more horror stories than there are success stories with auto shipping
TrueAg86
AG
Try this: http://www.transportreviews.com/

You can sort by a wide variety of criteria. Ratings, route, etc. I've used this several times to ship vehicles and have been pleased with the transporters I selected each time. I also suggest going directly to the transporters' websites who you are interested in. I usually get a slightly better quote by contacting them directly.

Good luck!
Curios Ag
AG
Thanks for all the info...

I ended up going with a Broker called Truck It Transport. Moved my SUV from Portland to Midland for $1250. After paying my initial deposit of $150 (broker fee) they had a truck pick-up in 2 days. Delivered 5 days later. But like all of the above have mentioned... go direct to the truck company.

So here's his info...Robert was great. His home is in Sandy Utah but he runs cars in Texas all the time. His Parents live in San Angelo so he likes Texas routes. Was telling me he takes so many classic cars to/from McAllen Texas. Whats up with that.

RL-C-FAB Transportation
Robert Logan
801-231-8521
801-913-8167
GCRanger
AG
Any suggestions on shipping from Montana (likely Bozeman) to Houston?

We will be moving back from Calgary in a couple months and are trying to decide to drive the whole way or drive to a friends place in Bozeman and have it shipped from there then fly.

It cost more to ship and fly then to just drive. However, a 10-14 day (scenic route) road trip with a 3 year old and 19 month old isn't the most relaxing adventure. I'm still waiting to find out what the company will and won't pay for.

Duncan Idaho
Portland to midland.....I am so sorry for your loss
TommyGun
AG
quote:
Any suggestions on shipping from Montana (likely Bozeman) to Houston?

We will be moving back from Calgary in a couple months and are trying to decide to drive the whole way or drive to a friends place in Bozeman and have it shipped from there then fly.

It cost more to ship and fly then to just drive. However, a 10-14 day (scenic route) road trip with a 3 year old and 19 month old isn't the most relaxing adventure. I'm still waiting to find out what the company will and won't pay for.

I had a good experience with Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS). They shipped my truck from Texas to WY without any hiccups. I'm not sure what the cost was since it was part of my company's moving package. However, the service was good and the truck arrived on time and without damage.

Definitely work with your employer to see what they'll cover.
Dookie
I've used A1AutoTransport and they were on the affordable side. You're prob best off seeing what the prices are from a couple different companies and comparing them. You'll find that there's only a few major companies out there, at least in terms of long distance hauling.
Z100
AG
I used this company last month. no hassle and everything went as promised. shipped a SUV from TN to Houston for $575.

Julie Zambrana Dynamic Auto Movers LLC 786-600-3833 julie@dynamicautomovers.com

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.