Ford e150 remote keyless entry programming

1,204 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I did the common 'turn to run 8 times', and the locks cycled to indicate that the car was in programming mode. However, when I press the remote button to program it, nothing happens. The automatic locks inside the car work, and yes, the remote battery is good. I did recently have the back door (lock side) replaced, and I'm wondering if the accident that damaged the door might have messed up remote entry. Any ideas?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Is it the right remote?
AgsWin
AG
Sounds like you have the wrong remote or the remote is not working
94chem
Neither remote works. They are the same 2 remotes that we've always used with the van.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
is the battery flipped upside down?
94chem
No.
JB
AG
Searched and this is thread that seemed most relevant.

2000 F250

My keyless entry fobs and aftermarket wireless keypad do not work at all with the truck running. So I can't leave the truck running, get out and lock it. Anyway to disable what I assume is some dumb safety feature? My 04 F150 does not have this problem, so maybe its older style keyless entry programming?

edit: the 04 has a Valet remote start (uses stock key fobs by hitting lock twice) so maybe that overrode the issue I am having on the 00.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
JB said:

Searched and this is thread that seemed most relevant.

2000 F250

My keyless entry fobs and aftermarket wireless keypad do not work at all with the truck running. So I can't leave the truck running, get out and lock it. Anyway to disable what I assume is some dumb safety feature? My 04 F150 does not have this problem, so maybe its older style keyless entry programming?

edit: the 04 has a Valet remote start (uses stock key fobs by hitting lock twice) so maybe that overrode the issue I am having on the 00.
Safety feature but the keypad is supposed to work...
JB
AG
Its an aftermarket stick on keypad, so essentially just another remote. Not sure if they had the hardwired keypads in 2000. Being an XLT, it might not have had that option either way.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
JB said:

Its an aftermarket stick on keypad, so essentially just another remote. Not sure if they had the hardwired keypads in 2000. Being an XLT, it might not have had that option either way.
That explains it...doh!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.