Toyota Tacoma 90,000 mile service

1,647 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Flaith
aggiegolf86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last time i got my oil changed they suggested i get this done too. It costs like $750. Should i get it done at toyota or just get a tune up at some place other than the dealer?
dubi
AG
You will save $$$$ by using an independent shop.
dubi
AG
Year? Timing belt or chain?

Where are you located.
aggiegolf86
AG
2011. not sure.

Dallas
dubi
AG
Timing chain

http://toyota.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7690/~/does-my-vehicle-have-a-timing-belt-or-timing-chain?
10andBOUNCE
AG
If you're in Houston Id recommend checking out HCS Auto. If in Dallas Id recommend JP Importz.
aggiegolf86
AG
Well I am at 90k on my 2nd Tacoma and Toyota here in CS is telling me to get the 90k service done. They quoted me like $1800 for everything.

Anyone know a good local auto shop that might be cheaper here in College Station?
aggiepaintrain
AG
your truck may have a timing chain

what does service entail that does not correspond with owners manual recommendation?

Flaith
AG
What year Taco?

What services did they quote you?
aggiegolf86
AG
2016. I will have to check the list of what all the recommend
Flaith
AG
Ok, I'll just assume V6 2WD then

Your factory maintenance schedule says to change oil, oil filter, engine filter, and inspect every other fluid and subcomponent.

If 4WD, lubricate prop shaft and re-torque prop shaft bolts

That seems pretty cheap and easy.

https://tdaservicesschedules.com/toyota-tacoma/

If you've done some towing or otherwise non-commuter car driving, it may be a good time to change out the differential oil (and front diff and T-case if 4WD). Make sure to buy the Toyota crush washer kit.

At 90k, I would probably also put fresh fluid in my brake reservoir and bleed the whole system with the fresh fluid.

aggiepaintrain
AG
I'd change oil, plugs, flush diff and transmission fluid

that's it

aggiegolf86
AG
Replace spark plugs
Front diff service
Rear diff service
transfer case service
ac service
cooling system flush
power steering flush
fuel injection service

It is a 4WD
aggiegolf86
AG
Any recommendations on where in CS to get some of these things done? I assume an outside place would be cheaper than toyota
Flaith
AG
I'll go along with Front Diff, Rear Diff, Transfer case service in addition to oil and filter change and maybe brake fluid flush. The end.

!!!! I will not agree with the plugs (I've change several Tacoma plugs at 120k miles, and they barely look used), "AC service", cooling system flush, power steering flush, fuel injection service !!!!!

Don't flush the transmission. There is no need to do this at 90k miles.

Follow your factory maintenance schedule. If a dealer or shop tries to upsell you on any other services, understand that this is indeed an upsell, and tell them to sod off.

https://tdaservicesschedules.com/toyota-tacoma/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.