What is your Favorite Car soap and Tire Cleaner?

2,342 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BrazosDog02
ForeverAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have always used Meguires Gold Class for soap and Bleech-white for the tires. I need to order more of both but I wanted to check to see if there was something better out there
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I use Meguiars Crystal wash and I only rarely use Westley's Bleche White anymore.

I am using water based tire dressings so I dont have to use harsh chemicals on the tires to remove it.
Silvy
AG
Car soap depends on what I'm washing, I'm going to order a gallon of Chemical Guys Maxi Suds here soon and give it a shot.

Cleaning tires I'll use bleach white w/ stiff bristle brush followed with blue Dawn if it's bad, otherwise just whatever soap I have in the bucket. For making tires look like a rich black I use Stoners aerosol tire shine and even it out with an applicator.
sts7049
AG
the correct answer is - whatever kind the people washing my car for me are using
CATAGBQ04
AG
I only use Wesley's if the tire obviously has layers of the cheap shiny stuff that need to be scrubbed off...it's perfect for that.

Then apply a good water based gel...leaves a slightly dark yet natural finish.

[This message has been edited by catagbq04 (edited 3/10/2014 11:05a).]
SpicewoodAg
AG
Meguiars Crystal Wash.

I never use a tire product. Tires/wheels get washed last with the same soap as the car.
investorAg83
AG
Wash - Mr Pink Super Suds: http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_CWS_402_16_Mr_Pink_Super_Suds_Sha_p/cws_402_16.htm

I don't really use anything special for the tires. Once every few washes I deep clean the wheels with Sonax Full Effect (http://www.detailersdomain.com/Sonax-Full-Effect-Wheel-Cleaner-500ml_p_324.html)
ForeverAg
AG
any others?
CATAGBQ04
AG
And I like this stuff sprayed with a foam gun

http://www.amazon.com/Detailers-Pro-Series-Formula-Shampoo/dp/B000GXZ5JM
JBLHAG03
AG
I use http://www.adamspolishes.com
Picadillo
Meguiars Gold Class wash and Eagle One tire shine. I no longer use combination soap/wax products.
Bob Kelso
AG
Meguiars - Gold Class for a 30 minute regular wash with Meguiars Hot Shine for Tires. I like it because its good for when I don't want to spend a lot of time on the vehicle.

Chemical Guys - Mr. Pink for the longer detailing days. Chemical Guys Tire Gel as well.
mustang6tee8
AG
Used brake fluid and a scotch-brite pad. Cleans it up real nice!
91AggieLawyer
AG
The 3 soaps I mainly use are Purple Power Vehicle and Boat Wash (Alkeline), Meguiars Wash Plus (deep clean and wax/sealant removal and synthetic clay lube), and Blue Coral for a cheap and decent prewash. I'll use either the BC or the PP on the tires as I don't use a dedicated tire cleaner or degreaser anymore -- the tire OEMs I've contacted do not recommend it. I also no longer use a dressing of any kind -- also not recommended. I'm more worried about tire longevity and performance than them being shiny.
EMY92
AG
I use McKee's 37 Extreme Foam for my foam cannon.

For my regular washing, I use Chemical Guys rinseless.

For tires, I use McKee's tire coating. I apply it about twice per year (I do not drive much, but that is about once per oil change).
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I guess I should update.

Chemical guys maxi suds 2 for the washing and VRP water based dressing for tires.

Zaino for leather, and polishes. AIO for daily's. Garage queens get AIO and Z5 and Z2.

303 for plastic and interior.

Stoners for glass.

Wonder wafers for air freshener if needed.
BrazosDog02
AG
I use a stiff brush and Comet cleaner on my KO white letter put tires. *****ez look brand new.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.