BSR Cable Park

1,958 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mazzag
Jack Bristow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was looking to go down there with a few friends for the first time this weekend.

Any tips or recommendations (will likely only be on the lazy river / slides / beach)
BohunkAg
AG
Have good insurance.
Jack Bristow
AG
BohunkAg said:

Have good insurance.
Please expound on that
Demosthenes81
AG
Jekyl and Hyde reviews:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g56833-d3669870-Reviews-or5-BSR_Cable_Park-Waco_Texas.html#REVIEWS

Jack Bristow
AG
Demosthenes81 said:

Jekyl and Hyde reviews:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g56833-d3669870-Reviews-or5-BSR_Cable_Park-Waco_Texas.html#REVIEWS

Thank you for the link. I have looked at reviews. I was really wondering if anyone had personal experience or any tips while there.
aggiejet
AG
Haven't been in several years, but I know they have made lots of improvements. However, I also know there have been fights out there and resulting lawsuits with the ownership, and someone also contracted a brain eating amoeba out there at some point. That was in the past & hopefully those kinds of issues are behind them. Have fun!
BohunkAg
AG
Jack Bristow said:

BohunkAg said:

Have good insurance.
Please expound on that
I'll try to without giving away too much. Just be careful. Some of the rides are more dangerous than they let on. Look up the story of Action Park from New Jersey from the 1980s. Let's just say that Providence and Hillcrest get their fair share from there. But if that's your kind of jam out there, go for it. I'm sure there's things out there you can do without being stupid.
Punked Shank
AG
The wave is actually legit. Highly recommend watching the handful of pros that are usually there.

I did the big ass slide and it was fun. But definitely hurts.

We surfed the wave and didn't hang with the riff raff around the other parts. I'd only go if I was surfing or doing the cable park.

Lazy river is highly questionable but we did it anyways.
Reno Hightower
Been there once, my brother stitched up my chin in the parking lot. Used a picnic bench as a procedure table. Go down the big slide head first at your own risk.
mazzag
AG
This really sucks. Wanted a quick get a way for the family but that includes a 17 yr old daughter and her BFF. This doesn't look like a good idea.
mazzag
AG
Surf shop owner in corpus raved about the surfing wave thing. Said there's really nothing like it. He was part of the demo before it opened. Not that I can surf but it would be fun to watch those that can.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.