Welp, COVID19 is in Bell County

49,242 Views | 649 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agsalaska
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks, my boy is 5 so I bet he'll love it.
mazzag
AG
Pablo, Ags has taken a direct hit from this. His business hasn't been able to operate. If kids playing soccer is a good outlet for normalcy and he sees the bright side for businesses that are open, good on him. And masks are bs but I didn't have to wear one in McGuire tire this week.
mazzag
AG
FYI ... especially guys...**** & wait and seton won't allow neck gaiters. Only ear loop masks. Because ya know...covid will kill you unless you wear an ear loop mask to see the dr.
agsalaska
AG
I am not sure what to do today. Neighbor's kid and my son both have snot, fever, sore throat. Home sick. Sounds like the pretty typical back to school crap we all get every year(good thing they are wearing masks at Lakewood right?). Neighbor's kid is getting a COVID test today and my boy is staying home.

Fair enough. If they are symptomatic and have COVID they don't need to be at school. I think we can all agree on that.

But I have to be at a client's house at 4:30 to take pictures so I can get their home listed this evening and they are elderly one is a diabetic.

Good times.
c-jags
agsalaska said:

I am not sure what to do today. Neighbor's kid and my son both have snot, fever, sore throat. Home sick. Sounds like the pretty typical back to school crap we all get every year(good thing they are wearing masks at Lakewood right?). Neighbor's kid is getting a COVID test today and my boy is staying home.

Fair enough. If they are symptomatic and have COVID they don't need to be at school. I think we can all agree on that.

But I have to be at a client's house at 4:30 to take pictures so I can get their home listed this evening and they are elderly one is a diabetic.

I'd advise wearing a mask and social distancing while there and just frame it as taking severe caution for them. That's what our health people have advised and i'd say it's fine to operate under unless you have a positive test. At this point, i don't wear a mask at all for me, but i do it for others.

we've had a lot of contractors in and out of our house during the remodel. i don't care about them wearing a mask one bit as i'm mostly the only one around themand i stick to my office, but i'm sure others appreciate their caution when they do enter homes.
Hagen95
AG
Prognightmare said:

Thanks, my boy is 5 so I bet he'll love it.
If your son is into trains, the BNSF museum in Temple has a train day every year, or did pre-COVID, and my son loved that.

ProgN
agsalaska
AG
Yea that is probably right and also just be quick about it. There home is ready to go and being such a strong sellers market we dont have to do anything too crazy with pictures. I can probably get in and out in 10 minutes.

When we met the other day to talk about selling we sat outside.
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

FYI ... especially guys...**** & wait and seton won't allow neck gaiters. Only ear loop masks. Because ya know...covid will kill you unless you wear an ear loop mask to see the dr.

COVID also kills you if you don't eat food with your beer
mazzag
AG
Wonder what our hospitals are like?

https://www.kxxv.com/news/coronavirus/governor-abbott-announces-new-way-of-determining-state-response-to-covid-19-outbreaks
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

Wonder what our hospitals are like?

https://www.kxxv.com/news/coronavirus/governor-abbott-announces-new-way-of-determining-state-response-to-covid-19-outbreaks

This is idiotic

Bars still closed

Movie theatres, Live performance events, live sporting events indoors, and a slew of other things still either closed or Not allowed to operate at a viable level

Abbott is a terrible leader and governor

The sooner he is out of office, the better off we will all be

Pray for a viable primary opponent
c-jags
agsalaska said:

Yea that is probably right and also just be quick about it. There home is ready to go and being such a strong sellers market we dont have to do anything too crazy with pictures. I can probably get in and out in 10 minutes.

When we met the other day to talk about selling we sat outside.
glad your market is picking up.

the just got that typical "bad news in the remodel show" where they found the big thing they have to fix (our headers have 2 inches of sag) which is all lumber... which is crazy expensive right now.

i'm sitting here thinking we should have just sold, but then i know i'd be entering into a sellers market and be just as hosed.
mazzag
AG
Lumber prices aren't going down. We fell out when we got bids for our car port. We also shopped around and didn't go with a particular lumber store in downtown temple. Saved a bundle using the one at the end of Main Street In Belton.
c-jags
mazzag said:

Lumber prices aren't going down. We fell out when we got bids for our car port. We also shopped around and didn't go with a particular lumber store in downtown temple. Saved a bundle using the one at the end of Main Street In Belton.

We had to go with the lumber store in downtown temple because I have to pass a City inspection and they had what we needed in stock.

I haven't used them a ton but Lengefield has always been good to me. They're also northsiders and northsiders have to stick together against all you West Templonians.
agsalaska
AG
Yea it is definitely a double edged sword.

I have never seen a sellers market like this, even when I was in Houston pre 2006. It is insane.

My wife and I have been thinking about moving out to the country for a while and already own the land, but the school district out there is garbage. It is tempting to sell though.
c-jags
agsalaska said:

Yea it is definitely a double edged sword.

I have never seen a sellers market like this, even when I was in Houston pre 2006. It is insane.

My wife and I have been thinking about moving out to the country for a while and already own the land, but the school district out there is garbage. It is tempting to sell though.
When we got the wild hair to do a whole home remodel instead of moving, we went ahead and ordered an appraisal.

We paid $100k in 2009 for a 2300 sq foot house. We've put in a few coats of paint, new floor, new carpet and added a decent deck. Probably spent less than $15k on improvements. We've always felt like we came in pretty low from the CAD at around 77k year after year, so I wasn't to upset when they upped us to 100k this last spring.

Our appraisal came back at $180k. Our appraisal post renovation would have been about $260k against a $230k note.

At that point, we looked at each other and thought "should we just sell?" Then we looked at homes that were around $250k and they were all small, or would have required some work to fix up anyways if there was any decent square footage to them. While our realtor friends would have loved us to list it, they said we'd get more of what we want by doing this as opposed to trying to buy something else in that range right now.

We've always loved Northside, so we decided to stick it out. I'm shocked at what homes on this side of town are going for right now. Not that I think we have the best house on our street as it is, but it's one of the top ones for sure and houses and lots half my size are selling for $140k not even fixed up or updated.

but on the flip side, i'm dealing with carpentry done up to 1940 code and a house with lead paint, asbestos, and no insulation.

It'll be great when it's done, but the next couple of weeks are going to be headache after headache.
mazzag
AG
c-jags said:

mazzag said:

We had to go with the lumber store in downtown temple because I have to pass a City inspection and they had what we needed in stock.

I haven't used them a ton but Lengefield has always been good to me. They're also northsiders and northsiders have to stick together against all you West Templonians.

I'm not a westie. I'm a southern Belton ETJ dweller. Glad you're loyal but they're not. About to move to the industrial park. Made a deal with the Temple economic development board.
c-jags
mazzag said:

c-jags said:

mazzag said:

I'm not a westie. I'm a southern Belton ETJ dweller. Glad you're loyal but they're not. About to move to the industrial park. Made a deal with the Temple economic development board.

I wouldn't call moving to a larger area in Temple disloyal. TBH, I can't blame them too much. It has to be a nightmare getting in and out of 13th street with those giant trucks. That's my entry point to the neighborhood and I've had to endure plenty of trucks positioning themselves over the years.
mazzag
AG
So what will happen to the current location? I'd think there are plans for it. Maybe demo it and have a huge park?
c-jags
They cleared out the skate park at whistle stop with the Santa Fe plaza. Be cool if they replaced it there.
BohunkAg
AG
I don't care to watch him, but the Waco mayor apparently said we are in the "4th inning" on COVID. Yawn.

https://www.kwtx.com/video/2020/09/24/mayor-covid-we-th-inning/
EMY92
AG
5+ innings left to destroy those pesky businesses.
c-jags
i'm still looking for Bell County's positivity rate.

we're hovering under 40 new cases a day for the last two weeks, but they don't give the test amount to compare it to for positivity rate. unless somebody knows a site i don't.

in the meanwhile, seems like cases have been pretty low and manageable in the schools and that's great news.

templeton
i had to kind of back into the numbers, and they're all over the place.

https://imgur.com/a/Jv7lV10
c-jags
That Sept 16 positivity HAS to be a data dump day. That's insane. But hovering under 5% is good.
BohunkAg
AG
Goodness gracious

mazzag
AG
Sorry BoHunk
BohunkAg
AG
A person in the know told me about a third of the hospitalizations in McLennan are from outside the area
ProgN
This is such bull****
mazzag
AG
I'm sure your Mayor and county health officials are fighting this.
aggiejet
AG
Highly doubtful.
BohunkAg
AG
This is being fought...I've been told that a lot of folks know the numbers are not just wrong, but blatantly wrong. Apparently there were some counting errors. People are most concerned about elective procedures being shut down again.
mazzag
AG
I was being sarcastic but that's good to know!
aggiejet
AG
Just heard the emergency declaration was extended thru 10/31, so things not changing for us in McLennan county anytime soon.
BohunkAg
AG
mazzag said:

I was being sarcastic but that's good to know!
It's not the mayor fighting it lol......

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.