Welp, COVID19 is in Bell County

49,245 Views | 649 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agsalaska
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Belton man who'd been to Europe turned up positive

1st one so far

Hang in there, friends
agsalaska
AG
Saw that.

Drove up 2305 at 830 this morning and there was zero traffic. Weird times.

Let's hope BYBA plays
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
mazzag
AG
Where are y'all seeing positive? It's preemptive. Not confirmed that I've seen.
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

Where are y'all seeing positive? It's preemptive. Not confirmed that I've seen.

Correct

Presumptive right now
McInnis80
I understand First Baptist Temple is not having services on Sunday.
mazzag
AG
Young Life suspended until early April.
mazzag
AG

agsalaska
AG
I heard Belton ISD has a presser at 6pm but have not been able to verify
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
mazzag
AG
They do.
mazzag
AG
So does Temple.
mazzag
AG
Spring break extended
agsalaska
AG
I cpuldnt find the news conference. How long?
mazzag
AG
Next Friday. Extended Spring Break.
mazzag
AG
Got an email.
agsalaska
AG
Yep. Oh well.

And it's supposed to rain all week. Maybe the crappie will be biting.
Wooster
Add Salado ISD to the list of districts with an extended Spring Break.
mazzag
AG
And he's officially positive. Lives in bell county, works in coreyell county. 6 possible others.
agsalaska
AG
Heard he walked into one of the clinics.

Not sure I should post that but I did.
mazzag
AG
I heard he was at S&W this morning. This is 2nd hand info from a friend of an er nurse. When you say clinic, one of theirs or an urgent care?
agsalaska
AG
NOt sure. I heard it second hand too. He said the word clinic and I did't question him. I immediately assumed like the clinic by the high school. But that may be a false assumption.
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

And he's officially positive. Lives in bell county, works in coreyell county. 6 possible others.

Well that sucks
agsalaska
AG
I tell yall, I'm going to end up out of business. I started my company two years ago. Last year was the first full year and we had a pretty good start. But I've lost 30k in contracts since Thursday. If the DOD keeps the soldiers frozen I am done.

Anyone hiring?
mazzag
AG
WTH? You're in real estate, correct?
agsalaska
AG
mazzag said:

WTH? You're in real estate, correct?

Yes. I own Killeenhomes.com. DOD just suspended all PCS thru May 13. I have three listings that are not renewing their tenants after April 30 that are now looking at waiting a year. And we lost a contract on a big house in Temple because buyers civilian transfer was cancelled.

Joy.

No movement no business.
mazzag
AG
I don't know what to say. I took my real estate classes in Killeen 18 years ago? Anyway, one of our instructors told us how devastating the Gulf War was to the local economy. Knocked out a lot of small businesses and especially RE agents. But he said the ones that were able to weather it, came out big. Killeen and HH did some soul searching to figure out ways for spouses and families to stay vs "going home" when another spouse deployed. And agents focused on investment properties for the already wealthy to buy. This isn't the Gulf War but I can imagine economically it immediately feels like it. And I'm not sure I'm helping but I believe you'll figure it out.
agsalaska
AG
I appreciate the kind words. And I hope it works out the same way. As long as the soldiers eventually move we will be OK, but the shock of it absolutely sucks. Fortunately I have a very good resume that I could shake the dust off. And my wife taught in Killeen for three years and subs some now in Belton when she doesn't have a client. We are also relatively frugal and can outlast many if we have too. Worse comes to worse she goes back full time, hopefully in Belton ISD, while I rebuild what we lose.

Funny, I never knew it, but I would enjoy teaching. I really like kids and always enjoy being up at Lakewood or at my wife's old school in Killeen. I coach at FC Belton and BYBA and really get a kick out of getting results from my boys and girls. I would probably fit in administration better, but I could definitely teach.
EMY92
AG
Woodway cop had contact with him and is now self quarantining for the next 2 weeks.
Demosthenes81
AG
https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/2nd-Presumptive-positive-case-of-COVID-19-in-Bell-County-568827631.html

2nd case presumptive diagnosis. Man in his 70s with a history of travel to Europe.
agsalaska
AG
The 'Belton Extraterritorial District'

Anyone know where that is?
Captain Pablo
AG
agsalaska said:

The 'Belton Extraterritorial District'

Anyone know where that is?

Probably like Dog Ridge, 93, 439, 436, Stillhouse

Just guessing
mazzag
AG
Anywhere outside the city limits that could be annexed into Belton.
agsalaska
AG
Like the peninsula with Temple Lake Park. Great. Thats where I live.
Captain Pablo
AG
agsalaska said:

Like the peninsula with Temple Lake Park. Great. Thats where I live.

Actually I don't think that's Belton ETJ

Likely Temple or MP, depending where

I dunno

Ask mazzag
mazzag
AG
It's Temple etj. If it's north of the Leon river/Belton lake, it's temple's.
agsalaska
AG
Yea thats right now that I think about it. We have a Belton address but it is Temple extended jurisdiction

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.