Bridge on 485 open yet?

7,405 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Crusaders41
ag0207
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey Guys,

We have a wedding that we will be attending in Franklin this weekend & will be coming from Temple. Does anyone know if the bridge on 485 is open or is it still under construction? Thanks
Captain Pablo
AG
Yes. It's been open for a few weeks
ag0207
AG
Thank you sir. You saved me some time on the road.
Reno Hightower
485 is closed again. Working on a new bridge.
c-jags
I actually experienced this today. Wasn't expecting to have to cut over to Cameron. Not a big deal but brings me into Temple a good bit further a way from my house than coming in on 485.
topkick
AG
TXDot states the estimated open date for FM 485 is April 30th, 2020. I don't know when this was last updated. I'll be glad when it opens back up!
mel99
AG
I'm headed to BCS for the weekend. Anyone know if 485 is open yet?
Crusaders41
It is not. You have to detour through Cameron.
Reno Hightower
Still closed.
mel99
AG
Any update?
c-jags
My in laws came to see us last weekend and went on to Houston. then went to Crosby. I'll ask if they had to cut over.
mel99
AG
FYI- it's not open yet.
Crusaders41
Not only is it still not open, but they've torn up even more of FM 485 - in fact, from FM 2269 just out of Marak heading West toward Temple they have actually plowed the road up. I'd suggest that anyone traveling from the Temple area to College Station take Hwy 36/US 190/I-14 through Cameron and then take a left at Hwy 77 and take that North until you get back to FM 485 just North of Cameron. Then you can proceed on to Hearne and hit Hwy 6 South to College Station.
c-jags
Crusaders41 said:

Not only is it still not open, but they've torn up even more of FM 485 - in fact, from FM 2269 just out of Marak heading West toward Temple they have actually plowed the road up. I'd suggest that anyone traveling from the Temple area to College Station take Hwy 36/US 190/I-14 through Cameron and then take a left at Hwy 77 and take that North until you get back to FM 485 just North of Cameron. Then you can proceed on to Hearne and hit Hwy 6 South to College Station.
can attest to this. we planned to cut over to Cameron as normal when headed to Houston for Thanksgiving but met a caliche road and a stop sign holding road worker. 10 minutes later a pilot car came back with a single car behind them.

When I saw it was PSC construction on the side of the pilot car, I knew why this road was taking so long.

PSC is the shell company that James construction became when TxDOT fired James from i35 and then they got the new bid under the new name. i don't remember the exact situation, but James burned too many bridges and had to rebrand.
Crusaders41
Traveled it again yesterday. The road base "appears" to me to be ready to be asphalted, but what do I know.

Anyone know if Interstate 14 is going to tie into FM 485 somewhere or what the path is going to be after it gets passed the railroad underpass between Rogers and Buckholts?
topkick
AG
As of January 3rd FM 485 was still closed. It looked like they still have quite a bit more work to do. Does anyone know a new completion date?
GIF Reactor
AG
At this point just assume never in our lifetimes and be pleasantly surprised when it is actually done.
topkick
AG
The new construction completion date according to TxDot is June 30th, 2021.
c-jags
topkick said:

The new construction completion date according to TxDot is June 30th, 2021.

mel99
AG
I'm headed to CS for the baseball game today. Anyone know if 485 is open? It's giving me that option in my maps.
Captain Pablo
AG
mel99 said:

I'm headed to CS for the baseball game today. Anyone know if 485 is open? It's giving me that option in my maps.

Still closed
Reno Hightower
Barricades are down
Tyrannosaurus Ross
AG
Road is open.
c-jags
this is the most exciting thing on the CenTex board since COVID or bombs going off at Fort Hood.
Brazos Born
Drove it this morning
mazzag
AG
The crash happened on 485. Wish this round would close permanently.

mel99
AG
You wished this highway would close? It sounds like he was driving recklessly.
mazzag
AG
Who doesn't drive recklessly on 485?
mazzag
AG
FFS who doesn't drive like a maniac on my road in Belton?
mazzag
AG
My problem with 485 is the rock pit and the tractor trailer traffic. I own a trucking company but...the addition of that traffic makes it dangerous. Especially to those not familiar.
Crusaders41
mazzag said:

My problem with 485 is the rock pit and the tractor trailer traffic. I own a trucking company but...the addition of that traffic makes it dangerous. Especially to those not familiar.
My experience is it isn't the trucks that are the problem... It's the other driver's that drive 100 MPH on that road and then pass in no passing lanes on that road.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.