Visiting....I saw on Twitter this morning that Vince Young visited the Wildcats

2,399 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by kjaneway
kjaneway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, guys!

You all know how much I LOVE my Temple Wildcats (although, I honestly don't know any kids there, anymore, and hardly no faculty since all the great ones left).

But, my kids are Wildcats, and I will always be a Wildcat (and a Yoeman).

However, it has always bugged the CRAP out of me how much they love the sips (and bears) in that town.

Living in College Station, now, and teaching at a school that is very pro-maroon makes me realize how awful temple was when it came to blindly loving the sips.

I saw that Vince visited yesterday. There was a picture with all of the players flashing the hook em sign.

Makes me ashamed and sickened.

That is all. I figured y'all would understand my venting and frustration with a place that was so good to me for so many years.
Astrobo
AG
Vince has got to do something for the money horns pay him. I am not sure TAMU has any athletes on the payroll like Vince or Earl. Kind of an ambassador role. Johnny could do it, but would probably not be welcomed on too many campuses right now.

That said, these kids get a lot of media exposure to horns and Baylor on the local news, they have grown up tee shirt fans of one or the other. I am sure the photo was staged and they were told to flash the hook em sign. I would bet that if Myles Garrett visited Temple High, they would be plenty happy to pose with Myles also.
Ag In Texas
AG
Saw a photo of him at Green's Sausage House in Zabcikville yesterday...... at least he has good taste in food.
templeton
kjaneway said:

texags gonna texags. this is a joke, right???
aggiepaintrain
AG
As long as my Wildcats beat the crap out of College Station High I'm good with it.

kjaneway
AG
templeton said:

kjaneway said:

Ummm...not really.
templeton
kjaneway said:

templeton said:

kjaneway said:

Ummm...not really.
welp. please stay in CS!

kjaneway
AG
templeton said:

kjaneway said:

templeton said:

kjaneway said:

VMakes me ashamed and sickened.

Ummm...not really.
welp. please stay in CS!

Not a problem.
Astrobo
AG
templeton said:

kjaneway said:

templeton said:

kjaneway said:

Ummm...not really.
welp. please stay in CS!

Lighten up Francis.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
I agree, and I live in Temple. I stay pretty fed up with the orange and green love in this town. It shapes kids perceptions. I am not thrilled that these become the icons for so much of the population. It is a shame the did away with ties because I wish the Baylor game this week could end in a scoreless tie with no first downs and no penetrations and zero yardage gained.

Captain Pablo
AG
Belton is supposedly an Aggie school, but try listening to their fight song a few dozen times a year

And how bout their choice for coach?

As far as Temple, I can't say one way or another what they do now.

But many, many temple high school graduates have gone to A&M.

Coach McQueen's son and Grandson are Aggies. Coach George Johnson was a junction boy. Russell mikeska played for the Aggies and falcons. Brad dusek is an Aggie.

Yes, those are from way back when, but many, many temple high school graduates have gone to A&M.

There have been many temple high school graduates that have played for A&M sports teams.

As far as Baylor, well, it's Thirty miles up the road. What are you going to do? tu is 60 miles down the road. Same deal.

Of course College Station is going to be saturated with A&M loyalists. It's right down the street.

I think physical proximity has more to do with it than anything. Lots of Baylor and sips in Central Texas

Captain Pablo
AG
templeton said:

kjaneway said:

templeton said:

kjaneway said:

Ummm...not really.
welp. please stay in CS!

What in Sam Hill?
Rabid Cougar
AG
Try living in the Toilet Bowl town.... between bu and the sickening sucking up to the Gaines..... pure hell.
Captain Pablo
AG
Rabid Cougar said:

Try living in the Toilet Bowl town.... between bu and the sickening sucking up to the Gaines..... pure hell.

That place is going to be coming down back to Earth in about 8 years. I hate it for the central Texas economy, but damn it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of the worst fans on the face of the Earth
Captain Pablo
AG
And to be a little less cryptic, what I mean by that is when the grant of rights expires, Baylor is going to find itself in the Mountain West, if theyre lucky. 25 million dollars a year in TV revenue is going to turn into about 2 million
kjaneway
AG
After today's WSJ article, I wonder what will happen to Waco, next?http://www.wsj.com/articles/baylor-details-horrifying-alleged-sexual-assaults-by-football-players-1477681988?mod=e2tw

Captain Pablo
AG
kjaneway said:

After today's WSJ article, I wonder what will happen to Waco, next?http://www.wsj.com/articles/baylor-details-horrifying-alleged-sexual-assaults-by-football-players-1477681988?mod=e2tw

Whatever happens, rest assured, Waco and Baylor are not victims in any sense of the word. That place has been rotten to the core, a complete Cesspool, for decades. You couldn't hit a contrite or humble person in that town if you had the biggest crop duster in the history of the world. Rapes, murders, women beaters -- and the only thing that came out of that hell-hole was a bunch of chest beating, trash talking *******s.

They STILL think they are getting a screw job

Screw em
kjaneway
AG
No kidding.

BTW, miss talking to you Pablo!!!!
Captain Pablo
AG
kjaneway said:

No kidding.

BTW, miss talking to you Pablo!!!!
Cowboy1990
Captain Pablo said:

I think physical proximity has more to do with it than anything. Lots of Baylor and sips in Central Texas

That, and a "what have you done for me lately" attitude....although Texas hasn't done much lately.
kjaneway
AG
I know HS kids. I will never understand Temple kids. I told them this, often,!that they were delusional in their choices, but they laughed at me.

Good for Belton...sending more kids to A&M
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.