Tyler

2,773 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Stive
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will be in Tyler Sunday through Tuesday for work. I have never been there before. I already see that Bernard's is a steak recommendation and I have been told about Stanleys BBQ. Any other places for dinner?

Since it will be for work I will not have much time for dining.
AsburyAg
AG
Breakfast - The Diner on South Broadway or The Four Way Cafe in Flint on the Old Jacksonville Hwy.
Lunch - Burgers - Jucys is a decent burger - but I'm sure others will offer other opinions.
Italian - Bella on the Old Jacksonville Hwy. It's family owned. My wife and I think it's fantastic. The sea bass is amazing, but I think it's just a special from time to time.
Texas Music City Grill is good - a wide variety of choices. Brisket Tacos, Texas Twinkies,
Javy's - good TexMex. Good prices with an upscale feel.
Mama's - two locations, one on South Broadway, another by TJC - home style TexMex - very good breakfast.
Mercado's, Posado's, Papacitos, Jalapeno Tree - all standard TexMex. If I have to chose one, it's Mercado's.

Those are my choices, but I know others will come and offer contrasting opinions.

SW AG80
AG
Thanks. We are hungry for pasta so the suggestions are spot on.
AsburyAg
AG
And Bella is BYOB. So take your own wine. They supply the glasses Go to FRESH for a good wine selection.
RockOn
DJ Mariscos
SW AG80
AG
We came prepared with wine. There are many nurses and a few Dr staying at our hotel. The ones I talked to are from North Carolina. They are in Tyler to help the medical community with COVID. I assume there is a bad outbreak here.

The person checking us in said something about an outbreak, too.
Dro07
AG
Bad out break here? News to me
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
News to me. Seems like we are only seeing a couple dozen positives per day now. Nothing like late June/early July.
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
SW AG80
AG
AsburyAg, thanks for the rec.. WOW. We don't have Italian food that good in San Antonio. Nor in Aggieland. Wish they were open tomorrow so we could eat there again.
J_Landes89
AG
Little Italy or LaVera

For pasta
AGC
AG
SW AG80 said:

We came prepared with wine. There are many nurses and a few Dr staying at our hotel. The ones I talked to are from North Carolina. They are in Tyler to help the medical community with COVID. I assume there is a bad outbreak here.

The person checking us in said something about an outbreak, too.

Did our 100 person protest cause this?
SW AG80
AG
To you Tyler Aggies, my wife and I have really liked Tyler. The Azalea District has some beautiful homes. People have been nice. We will come back one day just for pleasure.
AsburyAg
AG
Glad you enjoyed it. Come back anytime.

Come in the spring when the azaleas bloom. That makes the azalea district even more impressive.
SW AG80
AG
What is the best month to come in the spring?
Stive
AG
SW AG80 said:

What is the best month to come in the spring?

Late March or very early April is when they usually bloom but you can always call the Chamber of Commerce to find out if they're blooming yet or not.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.