South Texas HS Coaches

3,923 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by COYOTE1213
Jorf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy everybody!
My name is Jordi Theut and I am a member of the FTA class of 2016! I recently started a txhsfb podcast with my friend who is class of '15. We started this podcast to celebrate and highlight the efforts, sacrifices and passion of the communities, coaches and players that come together each week to make Texas High School Football the best in the country! If you are a coach in the South Texas area, or know of a coach we should interview.... We would love to talk ball and highlight your program! Through college and other journeys we have made connections over the majority of the state, but have had issues finding coaches that we know in the South Texas region. My email is dash.texas.sports@gmail.com or you can text me at

nine 7 nine -733 - seven 21 eight (hoping this keeps bots from grabbing my cell #)

Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks and Gig'em!

PS You can find the pod on Spotify here if you want to listen!
Duckhook
AG
The Valley Morning Star just had an article this morning about Port Isabel's head coach Tony Villarreal celebrating his 200th high school win. Said he's the winningest active high school coach in the state. Might be a good place to start.
Jorf
AG
Thank you! I will reach out!
Tamu12
AG
Port Isabel Tarpons!
Jorf
AG
I'll reach out to them on Monday!
purplehayes
Duck hook- Unless I'm mistaken, Coach Villarreal is nowhere near the winningest active coach in Texas HS football. I believe Danaher atCalallen is still active and he's got something like 450 plus wins.
Duckhook
AG
purplehayes said:

Duck hook- Unless I'm mistaken, Coach Villarreal is nowhere near the winningest active coach in Texas HS football. I believe Danaher atCalallen is still active and he's got something like 450 plus wins.

I really have no idea. Just repeating what I thought I read in that newspaper article. I could have misread or misinterpreted it.
jonb02
AG
They were likely referring to him having the most wins in the RGV.
“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.” - John Adams

“It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they’ve been fooled” - Mark Twain
Duckhook
AG
jonb02 said:

They were likely referring to him having the most wins in the RGV.

Here's the link to the story I read. Does quote somebody as saying he's the winningest active coach in the state. As I said before, I have no idea if this is true or not. Was just trying to give the OP a lead.

https://myrgv.com/sports/high-school/2021/09/16/tarpons-celebrate-villarreals-coaching-milestone/
Elsjuan
AG
Duckhook said:

The Valley Morning Star just had an article this morning about Port Isabel's head coach Tony Villarreal celebrating his 200th high school win. Said he's the winningest active high school coach in the state. Might be a good place to start.

Coach V son is also and aggie. Class of 2010.
COYOTE1213
purplehayes said:

just retired.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.