Port A Weather

1,890 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PJYoung
jakelew04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry to start a new thread, but trying to get as much real-time info as quickly as possible.

My family is supposed to check in at Cinnamon Shore tomorrow and checkout Monday. I've been trying to get them to let me reschedule and not lose my money for this booking, but they are saying no and not budging so far.

They told me this morning that impacts of the tropical depression/tropical storm may not even really affect the area much until Sunday and stated they heard that on KIII late morning.

Is anyone local hearing similar? If you were making the trip from Houston, would you make the trip? I know we'll likely be stuck in the rental all weekend, but beats being stuck in my house again. Worried most about travel safety. Hopefully our travel days Friday and Monday won't be too bad and no flooding.

Thanks in advance for any help/insight.
RGV AG
AG
I would make this trip, as they are gonna charge you no matter what. You will have time to bug out if it looks ominous, but it probably really won't be, just a lot of rain. Depressions like this usually pass in 10 to 20 hours, you will catch some nice surf to swim in before and after.
PJYoung
AG
Exactly. It's just a tropical storm. Things will be windy and wet for about a day and then it will get better quickly.

Port A will see rain tomorrow and mostly Saturday. Sunday should be much better based on what it's usually like when a tropical system clears the area. I know there's forecasted rain thru Wednesday but that's usually not how tropical storms work. They usually clear everything out when they move on.

PJYoung
AG
And yes, I would 100% make the trip to get out of the house if your rental isn't going to refund you.

But I also convinced my friends to stay at our beach side rental on SPI back in like 2005 when a cat 3 hit the coast 150 miles to our south. We were without electricity for a day but the weather was only bad for 36 hours and that was with a strong hurricane.

The key is strength and movement. If it's not forecasted to stall and it's below a cat 2 I wouldn't worry about it. Slow moving storms are terrible tho.
jakelew04
AG
Thanks for the responses. Should I expect any issues with the Ferry? Have never taken it before. Last time we went down there we went to Corpus first.
RGV AG
AG
Doubt the ferry will be an issue, unless it is for a few hours if there is tremendous rain. I have crossed the ferry there when it was blowing about 60mph out of the north. No issues.
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.