Living

1,819 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by #1
aggie2013lc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What neighborhoods in Harlingen, Edinburg & McAllen do young professionals live in?
oldvalleyrat
AG
No matter which city that you choose it is going to depend on how much you are willing to spend on a house.

In McAllen there are a number of subdivisions that are really nice but they vary greatly in price. Why don't you call a realtor and have them show you around or if you are in the area just drive around north McAllen north of Nolana and check things out.
aggie2013lc
AG
I am not really looking to buy, as I plan to leave again if I take a job. However, I feel as if in the Valley it would make financial sense to buy since housing costs are so cheap. If I were to buy, it would be 230k max.

I just want amenities--- I've been in Houston, and now San Antonio... and I love the young professional life in the city. Work, happy hour, restaurants near by, boutiques, groceries -- everything is so close. Where can I find that? I am not concerned about school districts as I do not have children. I haven't had time to really look, as I am still debating taking a job down there. My family is out by San Manuel... so i'd be staying with them in the mean time.
aggie2013lc
AG
OH.. and somewhere safe to walk my dog near by. A park... and sidewalks would be nice.
Gordon Bombay
AG
Stay where you are, none of the things you listed as enjoyment exist down here.
oldvalleyrat
AG
Gordon Bombay said:

Stay where you are, none of the things you listed as enjoyment exist down here.
Gordon, not sure where you live but all of those things are readily available in North McAllen. Now if you live in BlueTown not so much. 100s of restaurants on 10th street, a couple of nice parks available and large HEB on the corner of 10th and Trenton. We even have lots of traffic to make you feel like home in SA! :-)
North Mcallen is exactly what your'e looking for. Traffic sucks moreso there than anywhere else but it's still not even close to what you're used to in San Antonio or Houston
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.