Snow tonight and in the morning?

2,983 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PJYoung
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well the new model run just happened and the snow chances.... increased!

Wow.

oldvalleyrat
AG
Snowing like crazy here in Edinburg. My grandson borrowed my camera so no pictures. Sticking on the ground...even though the weather guy said it wouldn't.
OXDL45
AG
Awesome.
PJYoung
AG
Another round of extreme cold and winter weather on it's way for Texas during Christmas week.

Could freeze in the valley.
oldvalleyrat
AG
PJYoung said:

Another round of extreme cold and winter weather on it's way for Texas during Christmas week.

...and here I was hoping that winter was over. I need to get out my warm clothes again!
RGV AG
AG
PJYoung said:

Where are you seeing that? You are a weather Guru on this stuff, I trust you more than the forecasters....
RGV AG
AG
On the snow in the RGV, I was in TX for that whole deal. I left the RGV to drive to north of Del Rio on that Thursday morning, before the snow Friday, and just north of Laredo near Asherton is started to snow and it snowed all the way from Asherton to Eagle Pass and snowed for a while. There were spots where it had accumulated on the road, it was bright white for a long way.

Always interesting when it snows in the RGV and south Texas.
PJYoung
AG
RGV AG said:

On the snow in the RGV, I was in TX for that whole deal. I left the RGV to drive to north of Del Rio on that Thursday morning, before the snow Friday, and just north of Laredo near Asherton is started to snow and it snowed all the way from Asherton to Eagle Pass and snowed for a while. There were spots where it had accumulated on the road, it was bright white for a long way.

Always interesting when it snows in the RGV and south Texas.

Yeah we were driving up to Huntsville earlier this month during the snow event. They had 285 closed from Fal to Riviera til late afternoon! I couldn't believe what Falfurrias looked like under 5 inches of new snow.
PJYoung
AG
RGV AG said:

PJYoung said:

Where are you seeing that? You are a weather Guru on this stuff, I trust you more than the forecasters....

Twitter and https://texags.com/forums/74/topics/2910305/6

We will know a lot more tomorrow afternoon/night. But as of now certain models have it snowing in Brownsville Christmas day. lol. Would be amazing.
RGV AG
AG
PJYoung said:

RGV AG said:

PJYoung said:

Twitter and https://texags.com/forums/74/topics/2910305/6

We will know a lot more tomorrow afternoon/night. But as of now certain models have it snowing in Brownsville Christmas day. lol. Would be amazing.
You are kidding me boss? Really? I keep looking at wunderground and it is saying lows in the 40's and highs int he 50's.
carl spacklers hat
Well, it would certainly be interesting to get snow in the Valley for a second time on Christmas since 2004.
RGV AG
AG
I would sheet a double bladed meat axe. It would be off the hook.

I was at a New Years eve party about 3 years ago hosted by some distant acquaintances, they still had baggies of 04' snow in their freezer. I was highly amused. it was like thick clump frost/ice.
PJYoung
AG
lol that's super weird.

So no arctic blast for us this time. It's missing us to the east.
PJYoung
AG
And another chance this week

PJYoung
AG

Local weather talking about sleet mixing in late this afternoon and the radar already starting to turn some rain over into light sleet.
PJYoung
AG
Talking about a severe cold front the 2nd week of February here. Would mean temps below freezing for 2-3 days perhaps. Still talking about possible all-time lows which would mean 12 degrees in Brownsville.

Still a long ways out but everything is lining up for a historic blast.
carl spacklers hat
PHAAAUUUUCCKKK!!!
oldvalleyrat
AG
It couldn't kill my Poinsettias any deader than they already are. Now we are talking about Citrus damage. If it isn't the cutter ants, it is the weather man!
PJYoung
AG
Not a forecast yet so we will see!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.