Voting Results

1,685 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PJYoung
zarbas77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't believe how quiet this board has been. No one has any comments about Trump winning and/or proposition 1 being defeated so soundly?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Eugene4x
AG
Shhhhhhhhh!

This is my safe space!

oldvalleyrat
AG
It appears that the folks in Hidalgo County seemed to figure out this grab by the hospitals and the county real well. I kept remembering the taxing entity that was set up for STC, voted in mostly by the folks in Starr County. The taxing jurisdiction very quickly moved the tax rate to the highest allowed by the law which is exactly what would have happened in this case.

In itself I suppose it wasn't such a bad idea but we have too many of these taxing entities. Appears that 70% of the voters agreed.

Just the thoughts of an old crumudgeon
SouthTex99
AG
oldvalleyrat
AG
I really believe that they feel if they keep putting it up that they will eventually tire us out and win because nobody votes. Thank god for the realtor's association who put up a lot of the money to be sure that we all understood what was going on. (No. I have no connection to the realtors association nor any realtors.)
zarbas77
AG
Alonzo, et.al. pushed a lot harder this time to get it passed but I too think a lot of people figured it out. I was really surprised to see that it failed by the margin it did, but I for one was happy.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PJYoung
AG
Let's get it on there again and start voting out every politician that is stupid enough to come out in public for it.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.