La Playa

3,065 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PJYoung
oldvalleyrat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really like the La Playa restaurant in Harlingen. They have stuffed fried avocados that are really good. I notice that the old closed Tony Romas place on north 10th in McAllen is reopening and named "La Playa" and I was hoping that it was an expansion of the one down in Harlingen. Sure would be nice not to have to drive down to Harlingen.

Anyone know?

SouthTex99
AG
You are correct. The Nolana La Playa will be operated by the same operators from Harlingen. Couple of good dudes who know how to do it right. I suspect it will go well in McAllen.
Gordon Bombay
AG
Did they open one in Georgetown too?
oldvalleyrat
AG
quote:
You are correct. The Nolana La Playa will be operated by the same operators from Harlingen. Couple of good dudes who know how to do it right. I suspect it will go well in McAllen.
Outstanding! We will certainly be one of their first customers to get that awesome fried fajita stuffed avocado!
PJYoung
AG
Super duper close to my house. Woo hoo.
SouthTex99
AG
They did but I understand its under new ownership now.
rondis23
AG
Now if we could only get a Los Nortenos too!
oldvalleyrat
AG
quote:
Now if we could only get a Los Nortenos too!
Not familiar with that one. Tell me about Los Nortenos.
rondis23
AG
Los Nortenos is a Harlingen Original as well, only way better than La Playa! They serve breakfast all day, but everything on the menu is good. Their coffee with steamed milk is shut your eyes good.
oldvalleyrat
AG
quote:
Los Nortenos is a Harlingen Original as well, only way better than La Playa! They serve breakfast all day, but everything on the menu is good. Their coffee with steamed milk is shut your eyes good.
Boy that sounds good. Have to sure not to eat as much as I want or I will be old and FAT! Bad combination. Looks like Kokos' may get some competition. (Nah! The Suarez boys are my kind of people.)
oldvalleyrat
AG
The La Playa is open for business and does indeed have the deep fried, fajita stuffed avocado. My wife and I ate there at lunch and it was real good!
zarbas77
AG
Wife and I ate at LaPlaya Friday night and we both enjoyed it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
oldvalleyrat
AG
We ate lunch at La Playa today and it appears that the word is out. The place was packed at lunch and I don't think they have spent any money on advertising. Still very good and generous portions.

PJYoung
AG
We ate there Friday night and it was packed and delicious.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.